Epilogue

Epilogue

TRISTAN DANIEL MONTEFALCO

I was pacing back and forth outside the operating room. My thoughts were scattered all over. Damn.

"Umupo ka nga muna, nahihilo na ako sayo." Mom told me as she tapped my shoulders.

I looked at her, I can see worry written all over her face yet she's still calm. Unlike me. But I don't know how to calm.

Not when my future wife is inside the damn room, fighting for her life, and the doctors wont let me in.

Angelo's fine. He has a few wounds but the doctors said that he's good. Probably because Kathy protected him.

Fuck.

I should be the one protecting them. But hell, I was at home waiting for her call.

Im scared. Damn scared that she wouldnt make it. The doctors said, she lost lots of blood. She was 50-50 nang madala siya dito sa hospital. Hindi ko pa siya nakikita pero nakita ko sa damit ni Angelo kung gaano kalala ang sinapit ni Kathy.

Angelo's clothes were covered with Kathy's blood.

"Anak." I heard my Mom's calm voice and I cant help but to feel my eyes watering up.

"She'll make it, right?" I told her. But I know deep inside, I was only convincing myself that she will. She'll make it.

She has to.

I dont know how long are we outside the operating room. Hours, maybe. I dont care though.

"Doc. How's my fiancee?" I asked him the moment he stepped out of the operating room.

He looked at me apologetically. "Im so sorry, Mr. Montefalco." The doctor said. I literally felt my whole world collapsed.

I shook my head. Tears now streaming down my face. Call it gay but to hell I care. "No. You're kidding, right? Cmon, doc. Kamusta ang mapapang-asawa ko?" I asked him again.

I can feel Mom hugged me, as if trying to calm me down.

He shook his head. "We already did everything we could, Mr. Montefalco."

"No! No! Magbabayad ako, kahit magkano! Just do everything you can to revive her life! No!" Napaupo ako sa sahig. "Please. She's all I have." I said desperately.

"Im so sorry for your loss." He said.