Chapter B - Anything.

Chapter B

TRISTAN

"Look I know I said that you should look for her instead of drinking your ass off. But that doesn't mean you will look for her nonstop. Day and night. Night and day." She said in the other line and sighed. "Tell me honestly, natutulog ka pa ba?"

I shook my head even though she couldn't see me. "I'm fine Yesh. Don't worry about me." I told her.

"Don't worry about you? Yeah. Easier said than done Trist. Everyone's worried about you. Mas okay pa ata na nasa condo mo nalang ikaw kaysa pinapagod mo yung sarili mo kakahanap kay Kathy." She said. "Let the private investigator do their job."

I massaged my temple. I can feel my head throbbing but I can't stop looking for Kathy. I need to find her.

I would seriously go batshit crazy if I'll just stay at home and wait for the investigator to find her.

"Trist." She called on the other line since I didn't say a single word.

I sighed. "I have to go Yesh. I have a girl to find." I said as I ended the call.

Before I could even go down, my phone rang again. It was my Mom.

"Mom." I said as I answered the call.

"Tristan. Go home, please." She said.

I literally felt a lump on my throat. She sounds like she was about to cry. And I hate it. Ayokong umiyak ang Mommy ko. She's so precious.

Then, I heard her sob. Napahawak ako sa noo ko. No.

"Mom please. I'm fine." I told her. "Stop worrying about me."

"Fine? If finding a girl 24/7 is fine. Well then, yes you're fine. And stop worrying about you? Tristan, I'm you're mother. Worrying is my middle name." She said in the other line. "Come home Tristan." She said in finality before the line went dead.

I sighed and drove off.

My head was throbbing real hard as I was driving on my way to our house. Talk about not sleeping for days. Kung makakatulog man ako ay isa o dalawang oras lang, sa sasakyan pa.

When I reached home, ay sinalubong agad ako ni Mommy. She caressed my face. And that's where I lost it. Lahat ng pagod ay ngayon ko lang naramdaman.

I closed my eyes and all I can feel was my head pounding like crazy and my heavy breathing. I felt so exhausted.

"Give yourself a break, Tristan." I heard my Mom said.

I nodded and opened my eyes, not uttering a single word. I feel so exhausted that even opening my damn mouth is hard.