#28. Well, that was...awkward

I stood up and carried a still sleeping, Leila out of the storage closet room, and out into the hallway. Taking a deep breath I felt the pressure in my chest lessen. 

Axel was still standing against the wall a few feet away from me. But what was unnerving was the fact that he was staring at me as if I owed him a lot.

" Thank you for saving my daughter and me", I told him before walking away as fast as my fallen asleep legs could carry me.

" No problem", I heard him say just before I disappeared around the corner.

As I was walking away I thought: Well, that was awkward.

Almost as soon as I headed into the west wing of the school, Daniel ran over to me with a smirk on his face. " Hunter is pissed", he laughed.

" Why?", I asked hoping it wasn't because of me.

Daniel stopped laughing and looked me sternly in the eyes. " Someone recorded the video of, Axel helping you out of the storage closet, also not to mention that you missed almost all of today's classes, and the teachers have been giving him a hard time about you not being there".

Uh oh...

" Speaking of Hunter, here he comes now".

I gulped knowing that I had just signed my death certificate for all of the events that happened today.

" HARLEY ELIZA REYNOLDS! YOU ARE IN SO MUCH F*CKING TROUBLE! DO YOU KNOW HOW EMBARRASSING IT IS TO HAVE THE TEACHER TALK TO ME ABOUT THE FACT THAT YOU WERE MISSING SINCE THE FIRST PERIOD?!"

The other students around us started to stare while as usual the stupid gossip group of barbies got out their phones and started to record what was happening.

Hunter took a deep breath and placed a hand on his heart as he wheezed.

I turned to Daniel alarmed by how my brother was acting. " Has he been taking his inhaler with him where ever he goes?"

Daniel shook his head. " No, he hasn't. Not for a long time".

It amazed me how chill Daniel was acting when my brother was on the verge of an asma attack.

I gathered as much air as I could before starting to scream. " DOES ANYONE HAVE AN INHALER?! HEY DON'T JUST STAND THERE LIKE IDIOTS! MY BROTHER IS HAVING AN ASMA ATTACK!", I screamed as loud as I possibly could.

Hunter than fell to the ground with a thud unconsius. I felt tears welling up inside my eyes, I didnt know that Hunter wasn't taking care of himself properly. And if I was there with him at all times this would have never happened.