#2. Missing him

' ding dong!'

I pulled my hands out of the sink of soapy dishes and quickly dried them off before walking to the door and opening it.

" Mhmmumm!", Laila cried from Lena my cousin's arms with her hands stretched out towards me.

" Baby girl!", I cooed back making her smile as I took her out of Lena's arms and into mine.

I backed up away from the door to let Lena come in and then shut the door as she took a seat on the couch.

" What have you planned for Laila and you today?", asked Lena as she shifted on the couch.

I sat down on the other side of the couch and thought about the kid-friendly places that I had searched up. " Well, there is a waterpark about 20 minutes away from here that I could go to".

" Aww! That would be perfect since she's such a water baby!", Lena emphasized on the words water baby making me playfully glare at her.

" What you know it's true!", She defended. " You gave birth in the water! She should be a pro!"

I rolled my eyes before looking down at Laila who was tugging my shirt down, trying to feed by herself.

I turned my body away from Lena before pulling my shirt down so Laila could breastfeed, so she would hopefully fall asleep on the drive to the waterpark.

" Does that hurt?", Lena asked me still sitting on the couch.

" A little", I admitted not wanting to scare her off since she had always dreamt of being a mother someday.

Then suddenly I had a flashback of the day I gave birth to Laila, and the fact that my boyfriend wasn't there for almost all of it, but a few minutes before I had given the final push, he had stumbled onto the beach behind our beach house limping. He had been there to hold and help name her before he suddenly collapsed and that was then that I realized he had been shot several times.

Suddenly I was snapped out of my thoughts when Lena put her hand on my shoulder before taking Laila from me. " Hey, it's okay he is in a better place, and is watching over you and Laila".

I nodded and started packing for the day at the waterpark and Lena called her filmer who would be following us around the whole day for both of our youtube channels.

Then I excused myself to my bedroom to look at the picture frame of my late boyfriend holding my baby bump and pressing his lips against it while I had my eyes closed and was laughing.

" HARLEY! TIME TO GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD!", Lena yelled.