#5. Kidnapped

I had just finished getting Laila ready for bed when I felt the feeling of unease like I was being watched, but that was impossible!

The windows and doors were all locked, leaving no way for anyone to get in or look inside of the house.

Maybe I was imagining things, or it could be the fact that I had trouble sleeping without him being there snuggling me, and placing tiny kisses on my stomach.

Snap out of it Harley, he's dead and is never coming back!

With a heavy sigh, I got myself dressed, picked up a yawning Laila, and took her to my bedroom. I bumped the door shut with my hip and got in bed still holding Laila, as she was the last thing I had from him.

She put her head on my chest, yawned once more before falling asleep peacefully, making me look down at her with so much love.

Laila was my forever.

CRASH!

BANG!

I woke up to these loud noises coming from my basement causing my heart to feel like it had jumped into my throat.

I quickly grabbed Laila, and rushed out of the room, knowing that there was a secret passageway that led from the basement to my room.

And that's where whoever that had gotten into my house was headed by how close the sound was getting.

I swiftly ran down the stairs and into my kitchen, grabbing whatever I could find to defend myself.

Which was a frying pan, and a small but sharp kitchen knife.

Laila who was startled at the fact of both being woken up and then rushed around so quickly looked like she was about to start crying.

I rocked her back in forth hoping that she wouldn't make a sound.

It was then that I heard a set of footsteps making their way up from the basement and onto the first level of my house.

Taking a deep breath, I got closer to the basement door and waited until the door had opened before violently hitting the person on the head as hard and as much as I could.

" DIE!

" YOU!

" NO!

" GOOD!

" PIECE!

" OF!

" AN!

" EXCUSE!

"FOR!

"A!

MAN!", I screamed hitting him harder and harder until he suddenly fell down, clearly now knocked out cold.

Laila let out a small laugh, making me look down at her in shock. She found this funny!

Letting out a small laugh of my own at how funny this situation was to me since I hadn't hurt anyone except for the fact that I might have broken the poor male lifeguard's fingers when Laila was coming.

Anyway...moving on

A gasp left Laila's mouth as she looked at something behind me, causing my blood to boil at the fact that there were more of them.

With a battle cry/scream, I swung the frying pan at the closest one effectively hitting his nose and breaking it with a slight crunch that was audible.

" Fuck!", the man cursed as he cupped his bloody nose with his hands while giving me the death stare which I didn't like so I did something all mothers would do if this was them.

I took the frying pan and hit him three times making him also pass out!

Whoo! I was on a roll!

The other man looked at me, before backing up with his hands up in surrender. I raised an eyebrow at him.

" Run", I told him coldly causing him to take off running.

I tucked the knife into my back pocket of my pj's and sprinted after him making sure that he really left.

Which he was but you know me, I wanted to make him run for his life. I continued to run after him with Laila sitting on my hip, giggling and clapping as we got closer and closer to the guy. 

He looked back and his eyes widened before he turned around to watch where he was going since we were now on a road that led to 4 other branches of the neighbourhood that we lived in.