XLIX

I DO NOT own the hobbit, the characters or their stories. I only own my OC character Nikoleva and her story.

 I only own my OC character Nikoleva and her story

~

After hours of searching between room from room, the dwarven archer had finally found the executioner in what seemed to be an old training room. Dusted wooden racks which used to hold various weapons were hung all the way around the vast room. Targets were set on the far side - most of the them with dints in from axes and daggers, some from arrows. 

One of the targets had a numerous number of daggers embedded into it, all with a crimson handle. 

Finally, he spotted her, in the far middle of the room. Her hair braided in tight dwarvish looking plaits. (Like what Octavia has in the hundred when she becomes a grounder). She held two twin, dwarvish swords in her hands and was spinning them around, testing the balance of them. Her weapons were still strapped onto the various places around her body as she began to get in a fighting pose. 

The swords were engraved with old ruins that were long forgotten in the dwarvish language and the hilts were slightly dusted from being confined for so long. 

Nikoleva began to slash the swords as if there were a target in front of her, moving her feet gracefully like any elf would - hardly making a noise and her balance light. 

Kili silently leaned down against an old wheeling mechanism as he watched her. It fascinated him how she hated the elven kind yet moved so much like them. Though she was slightly shorter than them and had a certain way of fighting, but she did have some same qualities. 

The brunette elf, threw both of her swords behind her in the air before backflipping and landing a few feet away and caught them before the blades cut down her arms. 

She tossed one of the blades aside before doing the same movement with just the one, but as she did, she also reached for one of her own in the process. Catching both as she landed with one knee on the floor. "Do you obsess over staring, dwarf?" She spoke, causing his eyes to widen slightly as she turned round to face him. 

"I was enjoying the view" He smirked at her with flirting eyes causing her to roll her eyes and let out a chuckle as she sheathed her own blade. 

"I am sure you were" She walked over to the rack, picking the sword she threw on the floor and placed one dwarvish blade in the holder. "What are you doing here?" 

He stared at her as she stalked over to him, picking up a bottle of ale on her way and taking a massive gulp. "I was looking for you" He answered as she held out the dusted glass bottle and grimaced. 

She noticed it and pushed it into his hands. "It doesn't taste that bad" 

He looked down at the brown liquid through the clear object and raised an eyebrow before taking a drink.  

"It is certainly not the worst," He coughed, handing it back to her. "It is not even that strong" 

"It is because dwarves are weaklings, they cannot handle their liquor" She teased him and took another swig of the ale. 

Kili stood with a laugh as he smirked at her. "Is that so?" 

She nodded her head as he pointed to the dwarvish sword in her hand. "Fight me" 

"What?" 

"Fight me and we will see who the weak one is" He challenged her causing her to throw down the bottle and hand him the sword. 

"Do you wish to put some money on that?" She asked as she whipped out her own blade, getting in a fighting stance. 

"Like a bet?" He answered with a question, twirling his own sword. 

"Fifty gold pieces" She twirled her own. 

"It is a deal, my lady" He bowed mockingly. 

"Yes it is, my lord" She also bowed mockingly as they began to walk in caution in circular motion. 

"Let us dance," The elleth lunged forward towards him and swung her sword down onto his, just before ducking as he attempted to strike her.

As she ducked, she kicked his shin and rolled to the side as he let out a grunt. "You think I would go easy?" She smirked, waiting for him to compose himself. 

"You wouldn't for me?" He asked as he blocked her sword, twisting it around, causing her grip to loosen slightly. 

"Maybe in your dreams" 

She swung her sword down at him, but he saw it coming a blocked it again. He threw his sword to his other hand and kicked her left leg, causing her to stumble slightly as he slid across the floor.

"Dwarvish bastard" She muttered, turning around and flipping over his shoulder. She landed behind him and held her sword to his neck. 

Struggling slightly, he managed to turn around and push her to the ground, one of his legs in between hers as he hovered over her. A smirk etching on his lips. 

"Ready to pay up?" He asked in a husky voice as he held his blade to her neck. 

"Are you?" She flipped him over so that he was on the floor. She stared down at him watching as he smirked at her. "I must say that you like this position" She teased causing him to raise an eyebrow. 

"Do you?" He bit back as he leaned forward, his lips nearing hers when a clearing of the throat caused both of them to jump apart. A dagger quickly thrown from Nikoleva's free hand in the direction. 

The two turned to look at Fili's smirking body as the dagger hit the stone above his head. 

"Did I interrupt something?" He laughed, causing them both to glare, though you couldn't hide the slight pink tint that appeared on both of their faces. 

"What do you want, brother?" Kili asked, his tone slightly annoyed. 

"Uncle wants everyone in the armoury" 

The two nodded and made for the door. Nikoleva, as she walked past the blonde haired dwarf, held her sword to his neck. "Not a word" She threatened before sheathing it and walking off. 

He ignored her and turned to his brother as they walked next to each other. "Good for you, brother" 

"Shut it" Kili mumbled.