XVI

I DO NOT own the hobbit, the characters or their stories. I only own my OC character Nikoleva and her story

 I only own my OC character Nikoleva and her story

Bree, on the borders of the shire. 

Rain poured down on the man ridden down as figure wearing a pack and a raincoat walks through the streets. A disheveled-looking man with his hood down walks across the street, eating a carrot. 

The figure with the pack is considerably shorter than the other people on the street. The figure walks up to a building and pauses, inspecting the sign hung above the door. It says, "The Prancing Pony." The figure, which is Thorin, looks about, then enters the tavern. As he walks through, the bartender hands a drink to a man. 

There is much raucous talk and laughter throughout the busy tavern. A black cat perches on a counter. A waitress threads through the crowd at the pub carrying a mug and a platter of cheese and bread. Drunk and unruly customers get in her way, and she moves around them.

"Watch it!" 

She makes her way to Thorin's table and sets down the mug and platter

"Here you are" 

"Thank you" He thanked as she walked away. 

Thorin puts down his pipe, which he had been smoking. He tears apart his bread and begins to eat it. As he eats, he looks around at all the activities going on in the pub. Sensing something, he looks to the right and sees a bald, suspicious-looking man watching him. He looks to his left and sees another shady character watching him.

Thorin puts his bread back on his plate slowly and, as the two men stand up and move toward him, slowly wraps his hand around the handle of his sword, which is strapped to his pack next to him. He was ready for an attack. 

"I would not do that. Sit back in your seats!" A voice hissed as another cloaked figure sat down at Thorin's table. One hand was holding a mug of ale and in the other was a blood-stained sword. "I am Nikoleva. I am sure that we are here for the same reason" As she spoke the approaching men returned to the seats but observed with a scowl. 

Thorin looked at her in confusion. "Am I to know what that is?" 

"You will" She brought the mug to her lips, taking a drink of the liquid before setting it down as another figure approached the table. 

"Mind If I join you?" He sits down on the seat next to the hooded women and caught a waitress by her sleeve, his other hand pointing to Thorin's tray. "I'll have the same" 

"You are late, grey wizard" The hooded women spoke as Gandalf looked to her. 

"A wizard is never late" He looked towards Thorin who was glancing at the women. Probably wondering why she still wore her hood. "I should introduce myself. My name is Gandalf. Gandalf the Grey" He gave a warm smile.