XI

I DO NOT own the hobbit, the characters or their stories. I only own my OC character Nikoleva and her story

 I only own my OC character Nikoleva and her story

-

In the morning, the dwarves exited the halls of Rivendell and took to the paths in the wilderness. Though, they were still one missing (apart from Gandalf, of course).

"Something is wrong, I can feel it" Kili spoke to Balin and Fili who agreed. They did not know for certain that their hooded figure was alive, but they had a feeling she was and she was in more danger. 

"I agree, lad." Balin nodded and Thorin walked over to them, a look of confusion appearing on his face. 

"Is there something wrong?" 

"It's Nikoleva, uncle" Kili told him, causing his eyes to widen slightly and he gestured for him to continue. "Since we went through the cave she has not been seen, we... I fear that the orcs have killed or taken her"

"The orc scum wouldn't just take her, she was most likely killed. Do not tell me you have grown to care for her, Kili?" 

His nephews eyes widened slightly as he quickly shook his head. "No, of course not, it is just weird that she suddenly vanished". Thorin nodded at his words. 

"Well, do not dwell on it any further. We have a long venture ahead of us," He turned his head to the company. "Be on your guard, we're about to step over the edge of the Wild. Balin, you know these paths; lead on." 

"Aye" Balin stepped away and began to lead the dwarves along the twisted path up the mountain. 

"Master Baggins, I suggest you keep up" The dwarven king warned, causing the hobbit to turn around from gazing down upon Rivendell, which had a golden glow from the sun. 

It took the company of the dwarves and hobbit quite some time to cross the lands, settling up to the Misty Mountains. They had of course - as you can imagine - ran into some trouble. Orcs. They appeared here and there but never in packs,  they were almost like scouts - to see where they were headed. By the time they reached a somewhat safe destination they were exhausted. 

They were walking on the edge of one of the peaks along a narrow trail. A narrow and dangerous trail. One that had a sheer drop on one side and the mountains rising even further on the other. There was another problem, they were in the middle of a thunderstorm. One that was pushing them about to the point where they clashed into each other and almost tumbling off the edge.

Thorin, now in front, lead the group across the dangerous trail. "Hold on!" He yelled as a powerful gush of wind lashed against them.

They carefully made their way across, drowning in the wet and coldness of the storm. One way or another, a member of the company had almost fallen over the edge. This time it was Bilbo, he would have fallen if it wasn't for Dwalin pulling him back to safety.