XVIII

I DO NOT own the hobbit, the characters or their stories. I only own my OC character Nikoleva and her story

 I only own my OC character Nikoleva and her story

-

"To the house! Run!" Gandalf pointed to the house surrounded by a hedge in the middle of the grassy plain.

They rushed towards the guarded house to the find the front door closed and locked. Bombur, who reached the house first, throws himself against it but falls on his back when it stays standing. The rest of the company catch up and try to open it as Gandalf looked back to see the massive bear break through the forest edge.

"Open the door!"

"Quickly!" Thorin said as he pushed his way through the dwarves and managed to raise the exterior bolt - opening the door. The entire company bolt inside the house. As they were about to close it, the bear lunged its head, getting it stuck in-between the door and the wall.

"Come on, lads!" Dwalin called as he and a few dwarves pushed the door with all their strength. Closing it and dropping the latch.

"What is that?" Oin asked, turning to the taller members of the group.

"That is our host" Gandalf answered and the dwarves along with Bilbo looked at him in bewilderment. "His name is Beorn, and he is a skin-changer. Sometimes he is a huge black bear; sometimes he is a great strong man. The bear is unpredictable, but the man can be reasonable. However, he is not overly fond of dwarves." he warned. 

"He's leaving" Ori said, peaking through a crack in the door.

"Come away from there!" Dori pulled him back. "It's not natural, none of it. It's obvious that he is under some dark spell.

"Don't be a fool; he's under no enchantment but his own. Alright now, get some sleep, all of you" The wizard said taking off his hat and looking out of the window. " I hope" 

The dwarves moved throughout the wooden house and layed down on various hay stacks and straw covered floors.

"Well, we are not dead" Nikolai muttered, glancing towards Nikoleva who wore a glare on her face. They were currently flying through the air. Yes flying. "I think I can be assured you are pleased that you did not cut them off?" 

Nikoleva let out a laugh, remembering the time that she was deadly close to cutting off his wings. The thing about Nikolai is that his is a half-breed, as Radagast said. No, he is not part bird part elf, he is part demon part elf. So is Nikoleva she just does not have the feathery wings to answer for it. 

"Funny... This does not mean I dislike you any less" She told him as they reached a peak on a mountain a few miles from a green clearing. 

"If this goes awry we both die, it does not matter whether Azog fails. We will die" Nikolai stated as his wings vanished letting him pull up his hood.