XV

I DO NOT own the hobbit, the characters or their stories. I only own my OC character Nikoleva and her story

 I only own my OC character Nikoleva and her story

-

"No, I would've doubted me too. I'm not a hero or a warrior... not even a burglar," He smiled as they all chuckled at him. Happy that they are becoming two in friendship.

"Gandalf" Kili spoke up as he stepped forward slightly. His voice shaky. "Gandalf, who was that guy. The man who... who stabbed her?" He asked which caught the attention of the company as they all turned to the wizard. 

His eyes fell deep with grief and anger as he spoke. "I do not know his name, for he does not give one. Only that he is Azog the defiler's superior and someone we do not want to cross paths with again" He warned them as Fili gave a confused look. 

"What do you mean?" 

"He is far greater than any of us, Nikoleva is lucky that he killed her. Otherwise, he would have her begging for death"

"How can you say that? how can he say that?" Kili looked at his uncle who gave him a  pointed look. 

"Kili... Leave it. She is gone and not coming back" 

"You said that last time and sh -" 

The young dwarven prince was cut off by Bilbo who pointed out into the distance. "Is that what I think it is?" 

Following his gaze, Erebor stood in the distance, noticeable by a single, solitary peak.

"Erebor, the lonely mountain" Gandalf smiled at Thorin who looked genuinely happy. "The last of the great dwarven kingdoms of Middle-Earth," he added.

"Our home"Thorin muttered. 

"A raven!" Oin pointed to a bird that was flying past. "The birds are returning to the mountain"

"That, my dear Oin, is a thrush," The wizard informed as they watched the bird fly towards the mountain.

"But we will take it as a sign - a good omen," Thorin said as some of the dwarves nodded.

"You're right, I do believe that the worst is behind us" 

-

Dol Guldur

"You did this! This is your fault!" Nikoleva yelled from her tied up state in a hold up room in the depths of Dol Guldur. She glared across the darkness to Nikolai who was holding bloodied rags in his hands. 

The wound that he had inflicted upon her stomach was cleaned and re-wrapped leaving her without her cloak and corset and left in a dark-coloured tunic with her trousers. 

"I healed you... You should be grateful," He answered, standing still as he tossed the rags towards a corner. 

"For what? You stabbing me?" She scoffed and tried to get her hands free from the rope that bound them together with a metal chain hanging on the wall. 

"As I said, I healed you. I could have let you die and watched you bleed out, so you should be grateful" 

"I owe you nothing, least of all my thanks." She spat as he walked over to her. 

"Well, it is a shame, Leva. We could do extraordinary things if you just choose to join me. Think of the things we could kill. The things we could do," He walked over to her and raised his eyebrow as she smirked at him. Dried blood was settled on the side of her forehead as he looked at her. 

"I do that on my own. I do not need you, I never needed you!" 

"You will, when the dwarves find out who and what you are," He threatened as he pulled out a small dagger and held it against her neck. "They will want to kill you... To find out that one of their companions works for the banished darkness. I would love to watch that young archers face crumble, to know that you are responsible for more deaths than you are praised for!" He dragged the dagger lightly across her skin letting a line of crimson blood appear. 

"Do it! I care not. And I would never work for him, I would rather torture myself in many ways possible and jump in the fires of mount doom!" She snarled as she tried to free herself from the rope when a jolt of pain ran through her body. 

"Ah, ah, ah! I would not do that. One wrong move and you burn from the inside out" He told her with a laugh as she looked up at the ropes which were glowing a firing orange. "And I would not bother looking for this, It will not help you this time" He held up her ring from out of his pocket and waved it in front of her. 

"When I get out of this... And I will. I will make sure you suffer greatly for what you have done. As much as I praise and have honoured how you kill, I would not care if I have to kill my own blood!" She yelled watching as he chucked the ring in the air before catching it and slipping it back into his pocket. 

"You can try. I will enjoy hearing you screaming in pain" He chuckled darkly before exiting the room and locking the barred cell door. 

Nikolai walked through that dark halls of Dol Guldur before walking across a raised pathway. A dark shadow appeared in front of him. He started to speak to it in black speech. 

"I have her, what do you need me to do?

"Corrupt her mind... Like I did all those years ago to both of you. Nikoleva needs to learn her place." The necromancer answered as a surge of darkness surrounded them.

"And the one ring? I sensed it near the goblin tunnels, what shall you have me do?" Nikolai placed his hands behind his back as he asked. 

"In time it will find its way back to me... Now watch over her, do not sort her until it is time

"Of course, father."