seven. a day out

"HONEY, YOU READY TO GO?!"Derek asked curiously in a loud tone as he grabbed his leather jacket from the chair

"HONEY, YOU READY TO GO?!"Derek asked curiously in a loud tone as he grabbed his leather jacket from the chair. The two adults didn't really have anything to do supernatural wise since the black out, so they decided to go out for the day and just be a normal couple with nothing to worry about.

Derek didn't mention or ask anything else about what Talia told him about the other heartbeat inside of Paige which wasn't hers, he was waiting for a better time to ask when Peter wasn't there to listen in on their conversation which was something that he would obviously do for his own benefit. 

So he thought having the day out would be a good time.

"Sorry, I'm just grabbing my bag"Paige informed as she pushed her hair over her shoulder then grabbing her handbag whilst she walked over to Derek, joining him on the stairs before leaving the loft. The werewolf smiled with a sigh as she held out her arms to each side. "What do you think?"

"Beautiful..."Derek commented, smiling back at Paige before taking her hand. "We're getting out of here, we're having the day to ourselves..."Paige giggled as they stepped out the loft and Derek slid the door closed.

The couple made their way down the many sets of stairs to the car outside where they would leave to have the most amount of fun they could with the time they had alone. Derek first took his girlfriend to the mall where she could get clothes and to create her own sense of style.

He wanted to ease Paige's mind from the drama that was occurring at the time and to build up the courage to ask her about what the other heartbeat, they both felt like a couple, but most importantly, they felt human just being together again.

They also got other things for the loft, like food and other things you'd figure to buy for a house with practically no walls and a huge ass window covering one of the walls entirely. But it was home for the both of them anyway.

Derek had caught Paige up on the last 14, 15 years of life in Beacon Hills since she died, like the Hale fire, Peter as the alpha and Jackson as the Kanima, also normal human things since Peter covered the supernatural side of it all.

After shopping in the mall and grabbing lunch, Derek decided to drive to the beach by the sea, the wind was cool and calm, and it wasn't as crowded as they thought. Derek stopped the engine after pulling up into a parking space when Paige got out the car observing the view around her. 

"This place hasn't changed at all the past 14 fourteen years, wow"Paige noticed sarcastically as she shut the car door. "Honey, its the beach"Derek informed with a light smile as he did the same and Paige turned around, raising her eyebrows

"Exactly"She said clearly before walking off to the sand with Derek closely following her. Hand in hand, the two walked along the beach for a while, talking like any couple would do. Laughing and kisses on Paige's cheek were definitely given during the walk.

After a while, they decided to sit down on the wall by where the end of the sand was, Derek jumped up onto the edge, soon followed by Paige with his help since she was still getting used to her power.