twenty nine. the odd moments

BRAEDEN HAD WALKED INTO THE LOFT AT AN AWKWARD TIME

BRAEDEN HAD WALKED INTO THE LOFT AT AN AWKWARD TIME. She had went to the Sheriff's station to see the file on a homicide that took place the previous name, hoping that there was something linking to Kate so Braeden could track her, to hunt her down. Peter had left the building in a way that a drama queen would, not long after the adult's argument, so it was just Derek and Paige.

You can imagine what Braeden had walked in on. She had gotten a folder about the murder of a whole family the night before, only one survivor being the youngest son. Paige and Derek looked through it as Braeden changed back into her normal clothes and not in the disguise she was wearing before

"There's nothing in here about Kate"Derek said, looking through the papers. "This killer used an axe...". "Actually, he used a military tomahawk"Braeden corrected him as she grabbed her shirt from the table when Derek turned his head, facing her way, but not completely looking at her. "That's not in this report"He informed.

"I know"Braeden stated, putting her tank top over her head with a smile. "Are you going to tell me what else you know?"Derek questioned curiously. "Not yet"Paige answered before Braeden could. "Cause she doesn't really know much...". "But she knows something"Derek argued and the two girls sighed frustrated as Derek turned around, closing the folder.

"Maybe"Braeden spoke up as the group gathered on each sides of the table. "The problem is the people I need to talk to right now, don't talk to people like you...". "You want me to wait for you?"Derek asked when Braeden leaned forward. "I want you to trust me"She specified. "And why would I trust you?"Derek said, repeating the same action. "I don't know anything about you"

"Cause I do..."Paige stepped in, raising her hand a little. "That and, because I know you"Braeden said to the couple until she tilted her head "And I know what you really want"The loft fell silent for a moment before Braeden stood up straight and started to walk round the table, Derek still staring at where she was.

"You want what Kate stole from you"Braeden specified which caught Derek's attention when Braeden spoke a statement in Spanish as she got to the same side as Derek whilst Paige jumped down from her end of the table. "It means the true nature of someone is reflected in their eyes". "In your case, the color of your eyes"The woman added on.

Derek stood still as Braeden walked away to grab her jacket when the man turned to Paige who was behind him and she gave him a comforting and reassuring nod, causing Derek to grab Braeden's gun and facing her as she did the same. "You get a week"He decided before tossing it over to her hand.

Braeden caught it perfectly and walked out the loft with her jacket over her shoulder, but as soon as she left, Derek had faced back to the table with two hands placed on it. "Your anxious"Paige noticed, putting her hands on his shoulder and then her head on top of them.

"Can you blame me?"Derek asked glumly and Paige shook her head gently. The couple relaxed with each other for the moment, Paige could smell Derek's anxiety from probably outside the loft and all away down the stairs of the building after where he had spent 3 months of the year in, just to have his power be taken away.