thirteen. station bomb

THEY WERE ARRESTED FOR SOMETHING THAT THEY DIDN'T DO, Paige wasn't as nervous as she thought she would be for being arrested

THEY WERE ARRESTED FOR SOMETHING THAT THEY DIDN'T DO, Paige wasn't as nervous as she thought she would be for being arrested. She, Derek and Argent were just handcuffed outside the Sheriff's office, so it didn't circulate that much anxiety in the woman, just a little nervousness on what'll happen to them.

"So, I don't suppose you have any idea why Stiles would frame us for murder?"Chris spoke up curiously. "I didn't think Stiles was smart enough to frame us for murder"Derek informed, looking down at the handcuffs attached to the bench. "To be honest, I'm not entirely convinced that's why we're here"Chris stated with a low whisper. 

"What do you mean?"Derek asked confused. "McCall is going to come out here any minute and probably talk attorneys"Chris warned when a moment of silence filled the air. "Say you've agreed to allow mine to represent you"At Argent's statement, the two werewolves looked at him annoyed.

"Why should we trust your attorney?"Paige questioned unconvinced. "Because I'm not calling my attorney yet"Chris stated seriously. "I just want more time". "To do what?"Derek asked curiously. "To figure out what we're really doing here"Chris revealed as he looked around the station.

"Which is being arrested for theft and murder, and it wouldn't have happened if your ass didn't go to Katashi to learn about this nogistune crap going on with Stiles"Paige finally spat frustrated, glaring at the Argent with her teeth gritted together.

"Well I didn't think that this would happen"Chris stated. "And that's my problem?"Paige asked with a scoff. "At least my family didn't burn yours...". "Paige"Derek whispered seriously and the woman turned to him with an angry look still on her face.

"What?Someone had to say it..."

~

"I could easily get out of these, you know"Derek stated after a long period of silence, looking down at the handcuffs that were attached to the bench they were still sitting on. "So could I"Chris agreed before glancing around. "But I'm not interested in being a fugitive from the law"

"Well, I'm not interested in being a victim to a 17-year-old possessed by a psychotic fox"Derek spat casually. 

"And also a victim to, whatever it is when you're set up"Paige added on

"Just give me a few more minutes"Chris pleaded when Paige gave the Argent an ice cold glare before tugging on the handcuffs. "Paige!"

"Okay, fine"The woman groaned annoyed. "If something happens, don't expect me to risk my life trying to save yours"Derek added seriously. "I can protect myself"Chris stated seriously as he shrugged his shoulders. "We'll see"Paige murmured under her breath before she pressed her lips together.

The trio continued to sit in complete silence, Paige not saying anything else about she felt towards the Argent sitting with them. She was absolutely furious inside to him, even if he wasn't the one with burnt Derek's family into ashes.

But there were mixed emotions in the girl. As she sat there, her anger switched to a little bit of anxiety about the Stilinski boy, Paige knew him to be funny, goofy and sarcastic according to Scott. She was worried about him, he wasn't normally as unwell or as sketchy in a way.

There was silence for a while until one call from a Sheriff which caused everybody to panic, the others didn't realize the panic at first since they were all talking to each other in anger. But they realized that something was up when they saw officers running around in extreme panic.

The three looked around confused when they saw an officer with a key who started to uncuff them from the bench. "What's happening?"Chris asked, but the officer ignored them and continued to release them from the bench.

But that's not what Paige and Derek were focused on. "You hear that?"Derek asked his girlfriend as  they heard a fast beeping from somewhere causing them to zone out of the current time. That's when it clicked, literally.

The couple turned around, looking through the window to the Sheriff's office when the beeping got much faster and their faces turned pale. The bomb was in his office. All of a sudden it stopped and that's when Derek and Paige glared at Whirs and the officer.

"Get down!"Derek cried out, pushing the officer away and covering Chris at the exact time the bomb exploded into the Sheriff's stated, Paige ducking her head down near Derek with her eyes closed as the Hale protected the hunter whom was supposed to be his enemy.

Multiple officers crashed onto the floor as multiple shards of wood and glass boomed through the wall, hitting at least somebody, somewhere. After the bomb was finished exploding and there was no boom, the crash scattered everywhere.

Multiple pieces of wood stabbed into her back, blood dripping from Derek's multiple wounds into her hair and down her faces, a large piece of glass that somehow dug into her arm through her forest green denim jacket. And Paige couldn't hear anything as she now laid on the ground until sirens from outside.

"Paige?"Derek asked as she opened her eyes gradually to see Derek kneeling down to her somewhat unconscious girlfriend. "You with me?". "Yeah, I'm fine"Paige answered as she sat up and gradually got on her own two feet before she stumbled back a little, causing Derek to keep a hold of her and Chris stepping forward to catch her in case she fell.

"I said, I'm fine"

~

After Paige woke up from her unconscious state, Chris started to help around with the injured officers who weren't dead since he wasn't injured himself thanks to Derek's protection. Paige managed to lie to the paramedics that she was a nurse, so that they couldn't take the shards away without noticing their impeccable healing.

Derek helped take the wood shards out Paige's skin and also the large shard of glass in her arm, Paige soon started to do the same to Derek with his injuries. They sat on the sidewalk by the ambulances, blood stains on Paige's skin as she plucked out pieces of glass out his back piece by piece.

"Sorry, I'm trying to be gentle as possible..."Paige apologized guilty after hearing a wince escape his lips. "You don't have to be"Derek stated before letting out a glum sigh as Paige wiped the dried blood away. "I'm used to it...". "Being in a bombing?"Paige asked surprised with her eyes widened.

"Getting hurt..."Derek specified. "Its part of being a werewolf". "I learnt that one the hard way..."Paige informed with a sigh as she put the towel down. "I'm sorry for how I acted today, I guess when you told me about how the Argent's killed your family, I just wanted to show them revenge, even if it was Kate who did it, not Chris"

"Why did you not kill them?"Paige asked curiously, joining the Hale at his side. "I would've". "I was on my own when Peter was in his coma"Derek answered with a glum look on his face. "And he was the one who helped me with you, I couldn't hide myself murdering god knows how many people..."

"But you still have Cora and Peter..."Paige informed. "Even me, if we lost each other once...". "Peters a homicidal maniac who tried to kill Scott and I"Derek reminded oddly.

"You get my point"Paige stated. "Your not mad at me, are you?". "No, of course not"Derek denied. "The Argent's have been hunting us for years and other werewolves long before the fire. I guess you were brave enough to stand up to them without getting shot with an arrow"

"We were cuffed to a bench and they took away the weapons that Argent carries in his pockets all the time..."Paige reminded with a chuckle. "I think we got lucky for being arrested with the guy"Derek formed his lips in a small grin before he connected his hand with the beta's sitting next to him.

"I love you Paige"

"I know"