eight. glowing eyes hold the truth

THE COUPLE SAT AT THE CAR, WIPING THE ICE CREAM OFF AND GETTING SAND OUT THEIR SHOES

THE COUPLE SAT AT THE CAR, WIPING THE ICE CREAM OFF AND GETTING SAND OUT THEIR SHOES. The sun had started to set and the couple wanted to get home before it got dark, it was a long walk back to the car after the ice cream fight, their faces were freezing.

Paige had checked her phone as soon as she got back to the car since she left it there the entire time, not knowing about the text she received. "So, I've been texting Braeden since I heard about 'The Lost Wolf'..."Paige informed as she pulled out her phone.

"Which you think is our long lost child"Derek interjected and Paige looked at him. "Yes, thank you"She agreed annoyed. "And she texted me this earlier during the fight with the ice cream..."Paige showed him a text message from Braeden and he looked at the screen.

"Got info about 'The Lost Wolf', your long lost child"Derek read out and Paige smiled proudly. "Your senses have worked, yet again...". "What was the first time?"Paige wondered curiously as she put her phone away.

"When you knew I was a werewolf"Derek reminded and the woman smiled. "I knew that"She admitted shyly and Derek chuckled softly when his phone buzzed from his pocket. "Who is it?"Paige asked, tapping the bottom of her shoes, sand pouring onto the concrete whist Derek took his phone out. "Selina..."Derek answered and he answered, putting the phone on voice speaker. "Your speaking to Derek Hale..."

"Derek, y-you know its me and vice versa"Selina informed angrily and Derek's face screwed up, he could tell by the way she spoke and how she did so that something was seriously wrong. Her voice was breaking and she was breathing shakily.

"Your panicking and crying"Derek realized concerned and Paige looked up from her shoes concerned. "Terrified and sobbing out of fear actually..."Selina corrected as Paige gave a confused glance at Derek, needing him to elaborate. "I really need your help, I don't know what to do and I didn't know who else to call, but you've done it before with Laura..."

"What does she need help with?"Paige wondered curiously and after Selina told Derek, his face dropped from the shock before turning to his girlfriend. Paige had a confused look on her face, she wanted to know what was happening.

"She needs help covering up a murder..."

~

"So, when a werewolf kills someone, their eyes change to blue to show it?"Paige concluded as the couple walked through the deep woods in search for Selina in a rush, one of the teenagers flannels in her hand to catch a scent.

"Yeah"Derek agreed and he made his eyes glowed bright blue as Paige looked at him odd. "When I killed you". "Right"Paige murmured as she nodded her head when Derek sighed deeply. "Selina's only 15 years old..."Derek revealed sympathetically. "And now she has to go live her life with this horrible reminder of someone she murdered, someone who she was friends with. Now, her eyes are gonna be blue"

"Your really concerned for her huh?"Paige noticed with an admiring smile. "I'm her alpha"Derek stated with a sigh. "I have to look out for her, even if I'm not an alpha anymore and not because shes Scott's little sister. She's apart of my pack, she and Isaac are the only ones I have left"