forty four. limited

"DEREK?!"Paige called out in a loud, alarmed tone

"DEREK?!"Paige called out in a loud, alarmed tone. She immediately rose up from her seat and peered out the van to see the tall Berserker attacking her fiance whom was trying his absolute best to fight him off. Regardless of the Hale no longer having his powers to defend himself against threats that have bigger and more powerful feats; like the Berserker or Kate.

Anger and her protective instincts let herself turn; her fangs grew in her mouth, her nails expanded into claws and her eyes glistened from dark brown to golden. And before Paige could let anything else happen to Derek, she ran out the back of the van and threw a heavy punch to the back of the Berserker which caused it to stumble, but not as much as Paige hoped it to.

Even that, it made Derek fall free onto the sandy ground, out of the creature's grasp and it was just Paige and the Berserker fighting. The woman continued to punch the armor with all the strength she could build up in her fist, hoping with enough of it that she would be able to break through the armor and defeat the tall brute.

When the Berserker turned around with a deep chilling growl, Paige raised her fist to throw yet another punch, but it was caught by the creature's hand and the Berserker choked her with its other hand, lifting her up from the dusty ground below her. To make sure she wouldn't try to get in its way again, the armored beast stabbed the woman with a sharp object attached to the Berserker's hand.

She shrieked from the piercing pain in her stomach seconds before she was thrown into the dirt, unable to move quick enough to get back up. But as soon as she hit the ground, her wound started to heal right away. However, as she got the littlest bit of strength to make an attempt to return to her feet, she heard grunts and sounds of struggle coming from afar.

This obviously made Paige turn her head to see Derek being pushed down against a rock by the same Berserker as punches were thrown to the Hale to weaken him. Then the creature raised its hand again, the same hand with the carved stick and Paige's heart practically fell to her wounded stomach as she realized what was about to happen.

"NO!"She yelled, still not strong enough to make another move against the tall beast. That's when the Berserker stabbed Derek in the stomach and Paige felt defeated; she failed to protect the man she loved. Thankfully, before the creature could do it again, a loud gunshot from the weapon Braeden carried in her hand hit it, forcing it to stop as it was something that attracted its attention.

She didn't stop there, Braeden rapidly fired the bullets at it, creating a blinding light that caused everyone watching helplessly to cover their eyes. Fortunately, it made the Berserker scurry far away; far away from Derek which is what the emissary hoped to happen. Once it ran out of sight, Braeden helped Paige to stand flat on her feet and as soon as she did, she rushed to Derek with a stumble from her wound that was still healing.

Derek slowly eased down from the rock, nearly falling on the ground, but Paige reached him in time. "Hey, hey"She said gently, guiding him down to the floor carefully. Everyone had gotten out of the vehicles now that it was safe, but they were aghast when they laid their eyes on a badly injured Derek.