An Irrationally Strong Bond Between Two People

by : jishler

- Before The Advancement, most human lives and careers were plagued by irrationality and a lack of productivity. This was largely the symptom of what scientists refer to as "interpersonal passion," which included two separate (though often conjointly occurring) phenomena: "love," and "sex." "Love" was a pre-Advancement word which referred to an irrationally strong bond between two people, which caused its sufferers to prioritise their fellow "lover," as well as the integrity of the malignant bond itself, over vital things such as workplace productivity. Taken every two weeks in pill form, The Drug immediately removes interpersonal passion from the human psyche. Children's friendships do not have the capacity to develop into full-fledged "love" since they are not yet adults. Every person over eighteen takes The Drug gladly, grateful that it allows them to be productive, clear-headed, and rational members of society.
A few weeks before Louis' eighteenth birthday, Harry and Louis fall in love.

-dystopianish future au-

Words : 17k

Chapters : 3

Triggers : none

Read Time : one sitting

- THIS WAS SO GOOD!! I love it so much omg. (Fun fact if you read 'Our Lives, Non-fiction' this is a larry version of the book that louis wrote in that fic) It was well written and cute and short. Would def reread