Chapter 53: Nakano: Go Crazy (TW)

Start from the beginning

I'm smiling like a crazy person.  I can feel it on my face.  But I can't help it.  I'm ridiculously happy.  All because of this man who's got his arm around my shoulders.  

Soon enough, we can see Tadashi up ahead.  He waves at us, and we wave back in sync.

"Ready to kick ass today, gorgeous?" I ask my handsome boyfriend.

"Let's go get 'em, Coach."

The next little while is a mad rush of preparation, bus loading, last minute review and planning, and encouragement.  Finally, we're on the bus, headed for Sendai City Gymnasium.  As we travel, the texts start coming in from the Gym 3 Squad, wishing us luck.  Bokuto is, once again, devastated to learn that we're playing in Sendai and he's not able to get there, even though it's a school day for him anyway.  Kuroo is promising him that when we make it through the qualifiers, we'll find a way to all get together to celebrate.  That sounds perfect to me.  

Also during the ride, I discover that my gorgeous boyfriend ate a rather minimalist breakfast.  Not the smartest choice on a day when he will be using a lot of energy on the court.  He's giving me a bit of a sheepish look - he's knows I'm not happy with that.  Fortunately, I've got supplies.  I give him a protein bar and insist he eat the whole thing.

"These things are too heavy on my stomach," he grouses.

"Don't argue with me, just eat.  Finish that, and you can have a treat."

His eyes light up.  "Kisses?" he asks, the devilish smirk on his face slightly marred by his chewing.

I chuckle at him.  "I was thinking of something else, lover boy.  Win today and you'll get your kisses."

"Oh I see.  That worked last time, so you're going to try it again, hmmm?"

I recall his devious little plan after the prelims.  How we got to spend that night cuddled together.  I love it when we can stay together, but tonight, that's just not possible.  But I've got another idea.  "Well, in modified form, but basically, yes."

He looks at me, very curious, as he finishes the protein bar and I open the bag of strawberries.  "What have you got planned, Roses?"

"You'll find out after we win today," I say, placing a strawberry in my mouth and offering to share it with him as our team catcalls us.  

🏐🏐🏐

I feel the familiar pre-game nerves beginning to bubble up as we approach the entrance to the gymnasium.  I know we've got this, and my responsibility right now is to make sure all of my boys know we got this.  I start checking around, looking in on the usual suspects.  Hinata seems surprisingly not green, but Asahi is looking a little rough around the edges.  Maybe I should...

Oh crap.  Right ahead of us.  Johzenji, our opponent for today.  And apparently, that jerk that Shoyo told us about is now their captain.  I guess this means their third years bowed out.  Terushima, I think his name is.  Given what I've heard about him, I expect this team's play style will be...interesting.

Ugh, Shoyo was right, this guy is a creep.  I mean, yeah, Kiyoko-senpai's a sparkle girl, I get it, but he's pushing it way too far.  Apparently, he didn't know how to take no for an answer the last time either, from what Hinata told us.  Noya and Tanaka are defending Kiyoko's honor, of course, and I've got half a mind to tell Daichi to let those two have at this weirdo.

Suddenly, as he's turning away from taunting Shoyo, Terushima's eyes fix on me, looking me up and down.

The shiver that runs through me shakes my bones, and I instinctively push myself into Kei's arms.