37. Nap Of A Star

"Byeol, you wait here, I'll buy you ice cream and snacks." Kai went to the ice cream and snack shop. Left Byeol and his grandpa sitting after playing a few games in the amusement park.

"Thank you for taking me to this amusement park."

"No need to thank Byeol. It's me who should be thanking you."

"Why are you thanking me? What have I done?"

"You've done a lot of things, Byeol." Kai's grandpa sighed before he went on. "You know before you met Kai he didn't like going to the amusement park, especially if I didn't force him to."

"What's wrong Grandpa?"

"This place reminds him of a sad memory." Kai's Grandpa stayed for a while, as if hesitating to continue the story. His facial expression clearly shows a very sad expression.

"He had a close friend who loved amusement park, but something bad happened that made Kai lose his friend. Kai felt that his friend's death was his fault. Since that day he closed his heart. He turned into a cold kid. But after meeting you, he went back to being the same happy boy he once was."

"I'm sorry about Kai's past but I really didn't do anything, because Kai is a good-hearted and cheerful boy already."

"You're a good girl Byeol."

"What are you talking about? Like something serious." Asked Kai who just arrived after buying ice cream and snacks.

"Nothing important. I just want to thank for being invited here. Let's eat the ice cream."

~~~

A year passed, Byeol occasionally gets news about Soobin and Beomgyu from Grandma. Byeol also got news about Taehyun from her dad.

But what still makes her sad, she hasn't heard anything from Yeonjun. Her dad always answered the same thing when she asked about Yeonjun. And it makes her more worried, that something bad happens to her brother.

"Byeol, come down. There's a call from your dad." Byeol in her room ran down. Heard Grandma said there was a call from her dad.

"Hello, Dad. How are you?"

"I'm fine, Byoelie, are you okay? I heard from Grandma that you got the best test score in your class. Congratulation, I'm so proud of you."

"I'm okay. Thanks dad." then the silence occurred. Byoel was hesitant to ask her dad about Yeonjun. She was certain her dad would answer the same. But this time it didn't happen as Byoel thought.

"Byeol, there's something I want to tell you."

"What is it, dad?"

"I'm sorry we just told you this. But we didn't want to worry you at first. We're doing everything we can to bring him back. But we haven't succeeded until now. And we've decided to tell you now."

Byeol's heart stopped beating for a second when she heard her dad. "Yeonjun is gone..."

~~~

"Byeol, are you awake?"

Byeol's just woken up. Greeted by Kai waiting for her at her bedside.

"Kai, why are you here?" asked Byeol, confused and looking around. This isn't her room. "Where am I? Why am I here?"

"This is the hospital, you passed out after getting a call from your dad. This is the third day after you passed out."

After hearing Kai's explanation, Byeol recalled her conversation with her dad on the phone and began to panic. "Kai... Kai... Yeonjun oppa... Yeonjun oppa..."