18. New Relationship

After New Year's Eve with their families. Byeol and his dad came home from Grandma's. They're home early because the final exam is coming up.

Byeol is happy to spend the winter vacation with Soobin and Beomgyu. She's also happy to go back to school and meet Taehyun and Yeonjun.

"Byeolie... I finally met you. please keep that man away from me." Yeonjun who saw Byeol sitting in her class, suddenly hid behind a Byeol and pointed at the classroom door where Taehyun is standing there and about to enter the classroom.

"What are you doing? Taehyun, what's going on?" Byeol asked Taehyun who walked up to them.

"Hyung stop that, you're not a child anymore." Taehyun immediately sat in his seat asking Yeonjun to stop hiding behind Byeol.

"Byeolie, as long as you were gone the guy next to you kept pushing me to study. He almost drove me crazy with all the notes and books he told me to read." Yeonjun stopped hiding, took one of the empty seat and sat next to Byeol complaining about what Taehyun did to him.

"It's for your own good, Hyung, Aunt would be disappointed if your grades were bad, and I don't want to have a brainless Hyung either."

"Byeolie, did you hear what he just said?" Yeonjun complained to Byeol again about Taehyun's attitude to him.

"Would you two please stop bickering. We're about to take the exam." Byeol tried to make the two of them stop, but they both got worse.

"That's why I asked him to study so he could work on the exam, but he kept complaining."

"Well Taehyun-ah, I'm smart, and you make me study almost every day, making my head feel like breaking."

Yeonjun and Taehyun keep fighting, Byeol can't stand those two anymore.

"Yah... Kang Taehyun, Choi Yeonjun, you two stop!" heard Byeol raise her voice, Taehyun and Yeonjun were silent. "Oppa the exam will start soon, you should go back to your class."

With that Yeonjun walked out back to class with a frown on his face. Taehyun is sitting still. Don't dare to look at Byeol. Byeol still feels upset because of his quarrel with Yeonjun.

~~~

"You two are still bickering." Byeol came to Taehyun and Yeonjun at the table where they used to have lunch. They both sat facing each other back.

"Here you go." Byeol brought them two bottles of grape juice, she felt guilty for raising her voice to them that morning. Taehyun and Yeonjun too. Take the drink Byeol gave them but back to back.  "Come on, you two can't keep going like this."

"No Byeolie, he has to apologize to me first, because of him, you were yelling at me this morning."

"But I didn't do anything wrong hyung. I did it all for you."

Taehyun and Yeonjun are bickering again. Byeol in the middle of them, actually is used to seeing them fighting over things. But this time she feels guilty about it.

"Yeonjun oppa, I'm sorry for yelling at you. But Taehyun was right, he did it for your own good. And you, Taehyun, let's give Yeonjun oppa less time for him to adjust or for him to rest a bit. Don't push her too hard." Byeol tries to be a mediator between the two.

Hear Byeol's words. Taehyun and Yeonjun glanced at each other.

"Well Taehyun-ah, I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too, hyung."

They both shook hands and apologized to each other. Byeol is glad that her two friends finally made up.

"How about we go to dinner after school, I'll buy you dinner. I don't want to hear no from you Taehyun-ah." Yeonjun knows Taehyun will refuse and immediately stop Taehyun who will just take the word 'no' out of his lips. Make Taehyun frown his lips and hold his chin with the palm of his hand while removing his gaze from Yeonjun, upset with Yeonjun.

"It seems I can't go with you oppa. My dad said today he wants to take me somewhere. I'm sorry.".

~~~

"Mom, why are you asking me to wear such a neat outfit? Will there be an important guest?" Yeonjun asked his mom. When he arrived at his house. His mom immediately asked him to get ready and put on a neat outfit.

Yeonjun feel confused, he felt something strange. His mom looks not so sure to answer the question, the last time Yeonjun see her as nervous as this is when the announcement of the divorce with his dad, and even then it was a few years ago. But today her mom looks back nervous.

"Yeonjun-ah, I know you're still disappointed with the divorce, but you know that's the best decision." Yeonjun not answer and are getting confused why his mom suddenly bringing up the issue again. "I hesitate to tell you about this, but I also can't hide it from you over and over again."

Yeonjun's mom hold both the hands of her son and asked him to sit on the sofa. His mom took a deep breath before deciding to resume talks.

"A few months ago my I met someone. He was the most kind and understanding person I'd ever met."

"So" Yeonjun still confused.

"Tonight I will introduce you to him." Yeonjun was so shocked that he couldn't say anything.

"I hope you understand, Yeonjun-ah. And I hope you're gonna like him when you see him.".

When Yeonjun are still trying to process what his mom just said. Sound the bell rung indicates someone who is wait by her mom has arrived. "Ah ... they've arrived, Yeonjun-ah, please be good. Okay.".

Yeonjun follow his mom at the entrance. When his mom open the door. He saw a man who smile when he saw his mom. "Welcome, Yeonjun-ah0 this uncle Jung Hoseok.".

"Hello Yeonjun, nice to meet you." The man smiled at Yeonjun. But Yeonjun just stand still in the side of his mom, don't know what to react.

"You're on your own? Where is your daughter?" That words from his mom made Yeonjun more surprised. He was not ready to accept the fact that he will have new dad, and added he also will have a step sister. That's all made his feel more confused and complex.

"Oh, there you are... You're so beautiful and sweet, your dad liked to tell about you." Yeonjun heard his mom welcome someone who likely is a candidate for the sister thing. He's trying to see what the girl looks like. But when he heard the girl's voice.

"Thank you." Yeonjun immediately open his eyes so wide, saw a girl who's standing in front of his mom is none other than his friend Jung Byeol.

"Jung Byeol" Yeonjun called her name made Byeol look at him. Byeol too, was surprised to see Yeonjun was standing at a distance from her.

They don't know what to do in that situation. The situation is very awkward. They do close friend, but that condition was different. Accept the fact that they may be ended as a siblings, never imagined by them.