08. Something Special

"Yuna eonni, how are you? It's been a long time since we've met." Soobin's mom greeted Beomgyu's mom when she saw her go into the living room with Grandma.

"Oh Eunbi-ah, I'm fine. How are you? Yoongi-ssi and Hoseok-ssi?"

"What brings you here all of a sudden?" Soobin's dad didn't waste time and immediately asked Beomgyu's mom.

"I asked her to come here, there's something I want to talk about." Grandma answered the question from her son that made him stay quiet. "Yuna, how is Beomgyu now?"

"It still haunts him, but recently it seems like that dream were starting to fade in his sleep. Since he started going out of the house a lot."

"Go out? Where were he going?" grandma was curious about Beomgyu's mom's last statement.

"I don't know, he always said he wanted to go play outside. I tried to follow him but he was like gone without a trace and when I was arrived home, he's already there."

"Is there something suspicious?" asked Soobin's dad, feeling something strange.

"Everything's normal. he's not acting weird, he's even more calm now... Well this morning he just said that the dream came back to his sleep last night. But something strange happened, he didn't feel any pain in his shoulder. That's not what normally happens."

Hearing Beomgyu's mom explain, everyone in the room was quiet for a moment. They seem to think of something but they can't make sure what is that.

"How is Soobin, mom?" Soobin's mom asked grandma, if there was any change in her son.

"As with Beomgyu, Soobin still had that dream, and he also seemed to be using his headphones a while ago." Soobin's mom started to feel sad knowing her son was still having the dream that could make him sad and miserable.

"Why would he have to go through that? It must have hurt so much for him, and I couldn't be near him when he needed me."

"Hwang Eunbi stop crying, you know what caused the dream. We can't stop it until the curse is broken."

Hearing her husband say, Soobin's mom tried to calm herself down. "But why should a dream like that haunt them?"

"That's how the curse of dreams works. It'll keep appearing into the sleep of the person who's been cursed with their sad memories or something that scared them. And the effect of the dream is still felt despite the fact that they're already waking up from that dream."

"What Yoongi said was true. The curse is cruel, especially for a boy at the age of Soobin and Beomgyu, but it seems something has happened since the day Byeol here."

Everyone looked straight at Grandma, heard what she just said, especially Byeol's dad who looked very surprised.

"Byeol? What is it with Byeol, aunt? Byeol did not have anything to do with the curse. How can you say something happened?" Byeol's dad worry and fear. He doesn't want his daughter to go through anything bad.

"Hoseok-ah, calm down, we know you're worried about your daughter, but let mom talk first."

"But hyung, I brought Byeol here to leave our bad memories. I don't want my daughter in any danger."

"I understand, the reason we agreed to bring you and your daughter back here is for your own good." Byeol's dad tried to calm after listening to Soobin's dad.

"Hoseok-ah, I know you love your daughter so much you may not have realized it yet, but believe me, there's a very different magic power inside of Byeol."

They're actually a family of witches. They all except Byeol's dad are pure descendants of witches. Soobin's dad has the magic of fire element, Soobin's mom has the magic of wind element, Beomgyu's mom has the magic of earth element. Byeol's dad, who was a mixed descendant, still had the power of magic even though it wasn't so strong it's the magic of water element just like grandma. Their families are one of several surviving families of witches. And choose to merge with the surrounding environment and live life like normal human beings.

"What do you mean different? Does her power have anything to do with the curse of the dream?" asked Soobin's dad.

"It's not that, the curse of the dream is from the forbidden red magic. But in Byeol is different. It's not like the blue magic we have." grandma tried to explain to everyone in the room about what she felt at Byeol. "But it seems to bring the impact of positive. I've noticed it since Soobin met Byeol, I feel there's something change in Soobin.".

"Could it be, What happened to Beomgyu is also because of Byeol?" Beomgyu's mom suddenly remember what happened to Beomgyu. "Yesterday Beomgyu met Byeol and last night he had the dream but Beomgyu didn't feel pain in his shoulder when he wakes up.".

"No... aunt. You must be mistaken. Even though Byeol it's my daughter, but I can make sure she's not a witch. She doesn't have the power of any magic in her.".

"But Hoseok, you got to believe me. Your daughter is special.".

"No, that's enough. I'm sorry, if there is no more to say I'm gonna leave now." Byeol's dad leave the room. Trying to avoid the talks that will likely bring his daughter to something that he don't want to imagine.

"Mom, are you sure?" asked Soobin's mom.

"I've never felt power like this Eunbi-ah. Seems like Hoseok have been hiding something."

"We came back to this town because Hoseok asked us to bring them to a place where he and his daughter can feel safe, mom. If you think like that, it'll hurt him." Seeing the reaction given by Byeol's dad. Soobin's dad feel guilty for him.

"There are things I would like to ask you Yoongi. What makes you decide to go home after a long time?"  Soobin's dad can't directly answer the question. "Don't tell me this is just for the sake of Hoseok. Aren't you and Eunbi left Soobin here to find a way to break the curse of the dream. Have you found it?"

Soobin's dad again can't answer the question of grandma. He can never break his promise to Byeol's dad but he also can't keep lying to him, about what he's also feel about something inside Byeol.

"You feel the same feeling, aren't you?" Soobin's dad's silence, indirectly has been given all the answers to the questions.

"And one more thing. Until when we will keep this all to them? We 're running out of time."