23. The Carrousel

Yeonjun still thinks about what he saw last night at Beomgyu's house. He feels he should take care of Byeol especially from Beomgyu, he's uncomfortable seeing his sister too close to Beomgyu. Yeonjun even asked Taehyun to keep an eye on Beomgyu and without a doubt Taehyun agreed to his cousin's request.

Another thing with Soobin, he's uncomfortable to see Taehyun so close to Byeol. He's used to seeing Byeol close to Beomgyu, because Soobin knows that Beomgyu is Byeol's friend but Taehyun. He's Yeonjun's cousin, but he likes to tease Byeol and Byeol's attitude when she was with Taehyun is different with when she was with Beomgyu.

A few days later, Soobin invited Yeonjun, Beomgyu and Taehyun to gather in his room without Byeol knowing. They're up to something.

"You know it's Byeol's birthday soon, which is why I'm asking you to gather here." All his friends nodded at Soobin's question. "Last year Byeol wanted to go to the amusement park, but she couldn't because they had to move, so this year's plan is to take her to the amusement park as the surprise."

"So what should we do hyung?" asked Beomgyu.

"You two Beomgyu and Taehyun make sure Byeol doesn't notice we're having a surprise party. Yeonjun and I will help our parents to prepare the surprise party."

~~~

"Jung Byeol, where are you going?" Taehyun saw Byeol leaving and went straight for her.

"Gyu said there was a bookstore that was just opened, we're going there." Byeol answered pointing towards Beomgyu who was waiting outside their house.

"I want to go too." Taehyun went straight out to Beomgyu and went to the bookstore meant by Beomgyu.

"This is the place, the bookstore opened last month, I wanted to come here with you, Byeol."

Hearing beomgyu, taehyun was a little offended. "Oh, it seems my presence here is interfering with your plan Choi Beomgyu." But Beomgyu ignored Taehyun's words and immediately took byeol into the bookstore. "Hey, you two don't ignore me."

Byeol was so excited to see so many interesting books in that store. Byeol and Beomgyu seemed to be happy picking a book together and Taehyun didn't like the sight he saw, he pulled Byeol's hand and took her away with him. "Jung Byeol let's go there, it looks like there's a good book there."

"What's wrong with you today? Looks like you're in a bad mood."

"Nothing, there's nothing wrong with me." Taehyun answered, staring at the books on the shelves.

Byeol tried to see the book Taehyun was looking at, and when she saw what book it was, Byeol smiled a little. "Hey, Taehyun, didn't you tell me you don't believe in magic? Look now what kind of book you're holding."

Taehyun realized what Byeol had said, looked directly at the book he was holding. And he glared at what it was. A book that tells of the world of magic.

"A Kang Taehyun reads a story about magic?" Byeol teases Taehyun while pointed out the book he was still holding.

"Yah, Jung Byeol stopped making fun of me, I'm not like you who believe in strange things. I'm not that freak."

Byeol was shocked to hear what Taehyun had said. She could not speak and het eyes began to glaze over. "I understand that you are a clever boy who only believes in scientific formulas or mathematical equations. But don't you feel that what you just said has gone too far."

Taehyun didn't expect that his words would hurt Byeol so much. Byeol took Beomgyu out of the bookstore leaving Taehyun alone.

~~~

"They left together somewhere." Her mom answered and gave Byeol a bowl of cereal. "Byeol can you accompany mommy somewhere?"

"Okay, mom." Byeol quickly finished her breakfast and hurried to her room to change her clothes.

"I heard you arguing with Taehyun yesterday?" asked her mom while driving her car.

Byeol who's looking out the window of the car, turning her eyes to het mom. Byeol didn't answer her mom's question, she just lowered her head.

"Don't think too much Byeol-ah, Taehyun may look cold but he's actually a very good boy."

Byeol stays quiet, he's still sad about what Taehyun told her yesterday. Byeol knows Taehyun's a good boy, but sometimes he went too far.

"Here we are." Byeol awake from her reverie and immediately looked around. She didn't know where she was at first, but she was so surprised when she got out of the car. Byeol saw an amusement park and near the entrance, all the family and friends were standing there.

"Happy birthday uri Byeolie" they all say it together. Byeol was so moved to see that, everyone she loved was there and surprised her for her birthday.

"You guys go play, we'll be waiting for you at the cafe across the street, while preparing another surprise party for Byeol." Soobin's dad pointed to the cafe directly across from the amusement park in Soobin. "Take good care of them." After that Soobin's dad immediately approached Byeol's dad who had gone first into the cafe.
His father byol sat by the window watching his daughter happily walk into the amusement park.

Byeol's dad sat by the window, watching his daughter who was happily entering the amusement park.

"It seems like you still hate amusement park." Byeol's dad turned to Soobin's dad who sat in front of him with grandma next to him. Byeol's dad remained silent, he lowered his head as if he didn't want to show his sadness.

"You still haven't forgotten Hoseok-ah?" Grandma held Byeol's dad's hand to calm him down.

"It's not like that Aunt, I'm sad because Byeol loves amusement parks, but I can never go there with her."

No words can be spoken, the three of them can remain silent, continuing the conversation will only open up old wounds. So they decided to stop talking and wait for Soobin's mom and Yeonjun's mom to return after ordering food.

That afternoon they played together at the amusement park, and byeol was thrilled that he had finally got his wish to play at the amusement park. They started playing one game at a time.

"Um... Byeol I'm sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean it." Said Taehyun to Byeol extending his hand as an apology.

Byeol was just smiling and was about to shake Taehyun's hand. But suddenly Soobin came to them "Taehyun come with us, Yeonjun and I were trying to win a prize in the rubber duck shooting arena. Byeol-ah, you go play with Beomgyu. We'll catch up with you." Soobin took Taehyun with him to catch up with Yeonjun who was already at the game.

"Gyu, I want to go to the carrousel"

In the carrousel, Byeol only rides alone. Beomgyu decided to wait and see Byeol near the carrousel. Sometimes he'll call out Byeol's and wave his hands when he saw Byeol. Until someone came to him.

"Excuse me, can you help me? I have to go to the restroom." an old man asked him to take him to the restroom. And Beomgyu, without hesitation, helped the old man go to the restroom.

After helping him, Beomgyu immediately returned to the merry go round to pick up Byeol. But by the time he arrived, Byeol was no longer there. Beomgyu panicked couldn't find Byeol. He went to the other friends' place, thinking that maybe Byeol had already there.

~~~

Yeonjun waited for his friends in the place they had promised after deciding to split up looking for Byeol. He's been trying to find his sister but can't find her. He's so worried about his sister missing somewhere?

Then he saw Taehyun and Beomgyu walking towards him, but he didn't see Byeol. It's getting him worried. The three of them decided to wait for Soobin back, if Soobin also didn't find Byeol, they'd soon look their parents to help finding Byeol.

"That's Soobin hyung" Taehyun and Yeonjun turned straight to Beomgyu pointing. And it's true they saw Soobin walk up to them.