24. The Lost One

"When are we going home?"

"Kai-ah, we just got here, why do you want to go home so soon? Try some games first." his grandpa then pulled Kai's hand towards the Carrousel.

His grandpa took him to the amusement park to console him who had just moved to the city. After his grandpa persuaded kai's dad. Kai moved to town to live with his grandga. His grandpa wanted Kai to start over again and forget the bad memories that still haunted him until now. But the amusement park actually reminded him of things he didn't want to remember.

Kai rode the Carrousel with a straight face and was pissed off. He just looked around with an empty gaze, until his eyes suddenly fell upon a girl sitting not far in front of him.

She didn't smile nor sad, looking only at the calm of her face, her closed eyes as if she were trying to feel and think of something.

"Byoel..." could be heard by someone and the girl opened her eyes, seeing where the voice was coming from. There stood a boy waving his hand and smiling at her.

"Gyu... " the girl waved her hand and returned the boy's smile. The expression that initially attracted Kai's attention is gone and that girl she looks happy, just like everyone else playing at the amusement park. And Kai immediately looked the other way, not interested in interaction between the two.

A few minutes later the Carrousel stopped. After getting off, Kai went down to find his grandpa to bring him home, but his grandpa was nowhere.

Kai then looked around for his grandpa, but couldn't find him. While he was busy searching, Kai saw the girl he met on the ride. That girl was still standing right next to the Carrousel. She looked like she was looking for a friend who was with her earlier.

That girl seems to have lost her friend too. Because she couldn't find her friend, she decided to leave the ride. Without Kai realizing his feet were following every path the girl walked. Kai himself is wondering why he did that. But somehow, inside of him kept forcing him to follow the girl.

Even though she's alone, she did not look afraid, she seemed sure of every step she took. Until she stopped in front of the mirror maze. She paused for a moment at the entrance and finally decided to go inside.

Kai was hesitant to follow him into the maze at first. Then he reached into the pocket of his pants and found a piece of chalk. When he saw the chalk, an idea popped into his head and he decided to go inside.

There's so much mirror in the maze. Kai saw so many reflection reflected everywhere. He didn't like the atmosphere a bit. The reflection looked as if it was watching him. Kai tried to ignore it and kept going until he got to a room that looked like the center of the maze, there was a big mirror right there in the middle.

As Kai approached the mirror, it turned out that the girl was behind it, standing there looking at the mirror. The big mirror is like transparent mirror, Kai can see the girl's face so clearly and she's looking right at him. They exchanged glances through the mirror. Her face was so calm,  for some reason it's like something that Kai missed for a long time and it made him feel so calm too. Until the girl smiled, Kai came to his senses and turned his face away. She walked around the mirror and came to Kai. "Are you lost??"

"No, I'm not lost." Kai turned to the girl and answered with complete confidence.

"Good then, I've been lost for a while. I didn't know how to  get out."

"So you got lost?" the girl nodded her head in response to Kai's questions. Kai signaled to the girl to follow him

"Well, you are awesome, I didn't think to leave a trail." The girl was so amazed to see the trail Kai made with chalk as a trail to avoid getting lost.

"You shouldn't be in the maze if you can't get out. Are you stupid or what?" Kai scoffed at the girl when they got to the exit. The girl just kept quiet and didn't give a response, made Kai wonder. "Why didn't you say something, did mu words wrong?"

"No, you're not wrong. You're right I shouldn't go inside, but my curiosity always got me into trouble."

Seeing that girl so gloomy, Kai's little heart said to apologize, but his mouth didn't let that word come out. And for a moment he looked over at the ice cream stand not far from where they were standing. "Wait here for a moment."

Kai was about to buy ice cream to cheer the girl, when he almost arrived at the ice cream stand, suddenly someone bumped him. Kai was pissed at the person who bumped him. Kai found a boy who also seemed upset, but he also seemed anxious and agitated, like he was in a hurry and looking for something. He finally bowed his head apologized and quickly left.

After getting the ice cream, Kai immediately returned to the place where the girl was waiting. But when he almost arrived, Kai stopped his move. That girl doesn't look alone anymore. There was a boy with her, the boy who bumped Kai earlier.

The boy hugged the girl tightly as if he didn't want to lose her.  And then immediately pull the girl away with him. Kai just stood there watching what happened. The girl's gone, the ice cream in his hand has also begun to melt.

"Kai-ah, aigo... you are here, grandpa was looking for you all the time." His grandpa immediately approached him when he saw Kai. I'm sorry I was in the toilet for a while, when I came back you were gone. Did you come here to get ice cream, but your ice cream has melted, let me buy you a new one." Kai's grandpa cleaned his hands that were already covered with melted ice cream.

"No, let's go home."

~~~

"That's Soobin hyung." Taehyun and Yeonjun turned straight to Beomgyu pointing. And it's true they saw Soobin walk up to them.

All their worries suddenly disappeared, as they saw the figure walking next to soobin. And they ran right up to them.

"Byeolie... are you all right? Is anything hurt?" Yeonjun hugged his sister and immediately checked his sister's condition.

"I'm fine, oppa." Byeol tried to calm Yeonjun.

Beomgyu is approaching byeol slowly, feeling guilty for leaving earlier. "Byeol, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left you."

"It's not your fault Gyu, I was careless."

Taehyun looked so relieved, his eyes began to filled with tears. Byeol who saw Taehyun would cry next to her, wanted to say something, but she stopped because Taehyun suddenly hugged her so tight. "Yah... Jung Byeol, never disappear again. You're scaring the shit out of me."