30. The Past

A few weeks after they returned from Grandma's house, Byeol's dad and Yeonjun's mom suddenly said they had to go back to Grandma's house because of something. Leaving Byeol and Yeonjun to stay at Taehyun's house.

"Oppa according to you, what makes mom and dad suddenly have to go to grandma's house?" The three of them were studying in Taehyun's room, where Byeol suddenly asked Yeonjun why their parents were leaving.

"I don't know either Byeolie, Mom didn't tell me anything."

"I think it's just the usual thing for adults to do where we as kids don't have to know, but whatever it is I hope it's a good thing."

"Right Taehyun, I also hope it's a good thing for all of us." Byeol then returned to the textbook she was holding, getting rid of all the thoughts that made her uneasy.

On the other hand, at grandma's house. Soobin's dad was not very pleased with the news he had received. And already prepared to ask so many questions.

"Youngi hyung, what's going on? Why did you suddenly ask us to come here?"

"Hoseok-ah, I have a few questions for your wife." Byeol's dad turned to his wife who was sitting right next to him confused.

"Sojung-ssi, isn't there anything you want to tell us?" Everyone in the room turned to Yeonjun's mom after hearing a question from Soobin's dad.

"Pardon Yoongi-ssi, I don't understand what you mean?" Yeonjun's mom was also confused by what Soobin's dad asked.

"I understand you're not telling us because it's your past. But we have now found out who your ex-husband is.

Yeonjun's mother immediately widened her eyes as Soobin's daf told her about her ex-husband. But she's trying to calm down and not look worried. "What do you mean? How could my ex-husband have anything to do with this?"

"We didn't mean to put you on edge or anything. We just want to know about your ex-husband straight from you. We are a family now." continued Soobin's dad.

Everyone in that room is waiting for Yeonjun's mom to explain. But inside her heart she hesitated to say it. Afraid that it will affect her family, especially her son, Yeonjun.

"All right, I'll tell you." Yeonjun's mom decided to tell them about her past, there was nothing to hide anymore.

"My ex-husband Choi Namjoon. I met him when he brought back my lost brother home." Yeonjun's mom tried to remember what happened in her past.

"When my brother arrived home, we found out that his dragon soul had been taken by someone and Choi Namjoon was helping my brother recover. After that our relationship continued into marriage."

"Then why did you get divorced?" Soobin's mom asked out of nowhere.

"Eunbi-ssi don't you think it's a little excessive?" Byeol's dad protested with questions asked by Soobin's mom.

"It's okay, I think you need to know about that too." Yeonjun's mom pat her husband's hand signaled she was okay.

"I assume you as a witch's family must have known about the incident at the carnival 5 years ago." They were all surprised when Yeonjun's mom mentioned the incident 5 years ago. "My family were there when the accident happened."

"My ex-husband, who had an affair with historical and ancient objects, was about to make an exhibition at the carnival. But without us knowing, one of the ancient things he had, brought something evil. And it suddenly exploded at the carnival. And what saddens me most is that Yeonjun and Taehyun were affected by the blast. I couldn't accept it and decided to part with him."

Once again everyone in the room was very surprised. The fact expressed by yeonjun's mother is the cause of their children's suffering. Anger began to build in their hearts. But they're trying to contain it so the condition didn't get worse.

"Do you mean that's the curse of a dream?".

Hearing's grandmother, her mother Yeonjun also surprised. "How do you know that?"

"So that was all your ex-husband? Do you know our son suffered from the curse? Beomgyu's mom was screaming, she couldn't hold back after finding out what had happened and started to cry.

"Yuna-ah, stay calm. I don't think Sojung-ssi knows about it either." said Beomgyu's dad tried to calm his wife down.

Yeonjun's mom was so surprised to hear that, she had no idea what have happened to her son and nephew were also happened to others.

"Soobin and Beomgyu were also affected by the curse, we were at the carnival." Grandma explained with a look of sadness on her face. "I knew there was something different about Yeonjun and Taehyun when they came here. But I had no idea they were experiencing the same curse."

"There's something else that I want to ask, you once said your son Yeonjun wasn't a dragon. So what he inherits the power of his dad?"

Yeonjun's mom was a little upset about the question, she didn't like Soobin's dad always offending her son. "I don't know for sure, but I can feel him inheriting the blood of a witch."

"What about Taehyun?" continued Soobin's dad.

"Because we're a pure offspring, even after his dad no longer has the dragon soul. But Taehyun inherited dragon's blood from his dad and also the witch's blood of his mom.

"Whether Yeonjun and Taehyun know about that?"

"They don't know about that yet, Aunt. We haven't told them. We're just not ready to tell them yet."

"But do you know, they're going into their teens. Where at such an age it's vulnerable to them. At that time their powers were in an unstable position. Add to that the condition of those under the curse of dreams, it will make them worse." Grandma looks anxious, she's worried about her grandsons. "Just as Yeonjun and Taehyun, Soobin and Beomgyu have not known of their powers either. Are you all going to keep it a secret from them?"

"Mom, we can discuss it later, we're ...".

"Later ... how could you say that Yoongi-ah. That's my grandsons you're talking about. I don't want anything to happen to them. Not with Soobin, Yeonjun, Taehyun or Beomgyu.

"We already have a plan for Yeonjun and Taehyun, even though it's hard for me. But it might be a good decision for now." Said Yeonjun's mom, even though she said that, but the sadness could be seen on her face.

"We too mom, we've thought of a way to Soobin and Beomgyu." Said Soobin's dad trying to calm down grandma.

"Yoongi-ah, I just hope they don't go through what you went through." remembering things that were very painful for her in the past. Grandma don't want that to happen to her grandsons.

"We will try to protect them, mom. Whatever it takes." Soobin's dad then turned to Yeonjun's mom. Made Byeol's dadl worry. "I think that's all for now. Sojung-ssi although we know that Choi Namjoon is your ex-husband. But the fact that he is the cause of the problems we face. It makes me unable completely to trust you."

"But hyung, Sojung have been explained she had nothing to do with it." Byeol's dad not accepted, Soobin's dad to say that to her.

"I'm won't change my mind, Hoseok. Before all truth is revealed."