26. Welcome Back

That afternoon Byeol and Beomgyu brought Kai home after taking him to play in their secret place. Kai's grandpa was so happy to see Kai come home so happy.

"Aren't you the boy who helped me?" Byeol and Beomgyu who were about to leave Kai's house stopped when they heard questions from Kai's grandpa.

Beomgyu didn't understand at first with Grandpa Kai's question, he tried to remember if he ever met him. "Was Grandpa in the amusement park that day?"

"That's right, you helped me out in the amusement park that day."

Byeol got confused and asked Beomgyu and he explained the story that happened at the amusement park when he helped Kai's grandpa.

"Yes, I initially took Kai there for his birthday. But it didn't sem to work because Kai didn't look happy. And today is the first time I see Kai cheerful after moving to this town. Thank you again for being Kai's friend."

After knowing Kai's grandpa's story. A plan came into Byeol's mind for her new friend. After saying goodbye to Kai's grandpa, Byeol took Beomgyu to the store to buy some things she needed for her plan.

"Byeol, are you sure about this?" asked Beomgyu, doubting the plan that Byeol wanted to do. "We've just met him a few times, and now you're planning to make a surprise party for him."

"Yeah why not? Gyu, I just wanted to help grandpa. He must be very sad to see his grandson was not happy on his birthday."

"Why are you so nice to him, Byeol? when you haven't known him for a long time?"

"I don't know Gyu, but actually when I first met Kai, I didn't know he was as familiar to me as I had known him for a long time." Byeol recalled the time she first met Kai at the amusement park.

"That's just how you feel Byeol. Just a feeling..."

~~~

"What's all that for, Byeolie?" Yeonjun wondered to see his sister come home with some groceries in her hand.

Byeol explained the plan to them. Soobin and Taehyun didn't agree with the Byeol's plan at first. Their reasons are the same as Beomgyu's. But Yeonjun who saw a his sister's enthusiasm, he couldn't help but agree to help his sister. He also helped convince Soobin and Taehyun that there was nothing with what Byeol did. Because Kai is their friend now. And finally everyone helped Byeol to make Kai's surprise party.

The next day, after they've finished everything they need, they went to Kai's house.

When Kai's grandpa opened the door, Byeol and her friends immediately told him what they were planning. Kai's grandpa agreed to helped Byeol and her friends.

"Who's coming?" Kai was about to come down from his room because he heard a noise from downstairs.

"It's nobody, just a food delivery man, you go take a shower." Kai's grandpa lied so that Kai wouldn't know that his friends were in the kitchen to prepare for the surprise.

Kai just nodded and went back to his room to get ready for a shower. Within minutes, Kai made his way down to the kitchen. And as he entered the kitchen.

"Happy birthday Kai..."

Kai saw his Grandpa and his friends in the kitchen holding a birthday cake. He just stood there motionless in the kitchen door with a face that didn't show any expression. Everyone in that room was also silent about Kai's reaction.

"I told you this plan wouldn't work" Taehyun whispered to Yeonjun, who ended up with a hit on his shoulder. "Aww... why did you hit me..." Yeonjun shut Taehyun up so he doesn't make the mood worse.

"Kai-ah..." said Kai's grandpa gently as he walked up to his grandson who was still silent.

"Umm.. Kai sorry that we're here to make you uncomfortable, but.."

"Thank you all..." Kai kept everyone there quiet for a while. Seeing the expression on Kai's face. He looked happy, he almost cried. But he was trying to hold back his tears.

Seeing everyone startled by Kai's sudden words. Byeol was trying to make the mood better. "Yey... happy birthday to our Kai again." Byeol yelled cheerfully. Made her friends follow her. Who made Kai smile at the behavior of his friends.

Kai's grandpa hugged his grandson tightly. Tears flowed from his eyes, long ago he hadn't seen his grandson smile. "Uri Kai-ah.. I don't know how long. But thank God you're back... my grandson." Kai's grandpa soon wiped away his tears, not wanting to ruin the moment. "I has ordered special food for all of you. While the food is coming, let's eat the cake first." They all cheered with joy.

"Woah, this cake tastes good. Did you make it yourself?" Kai's grandpa gave compliment to the cake and gave Kai a big slice, "Kai-ah try it, you must really like it."

"Byeol made it herself, Byeol is very good at baking." Beomgyu praised Byeol.

"Beomgyu is right, Byeol's cake are the best, she made one for my birthday, and on Beomgyu's birthday she also made one for him."

"You got a cake from Byeol too? I got a cake on my birthday too. At first I was wondering about the cake, because it was a little weird shape but actually it's a delicious cake." Taehyun was about to get hit again by Yeonjun. For calling Byeol's cake weird, but it's wasn't because he had praised that.

"At least you've all been got a cake from Byeol, but I haven't. You all should be happy."

"Yeonjun oppa don't be sad, I'll make you a cake whenever you want."

Yeonjun was very pleased to hear what his sister has said. "My sister is the one who understands her oppa the most."

"So you two are siblings?" asked Kai's grandpa suddenly.

"Yes we are Grandpa, I'm sorry we haven't had the opportunity to introduce ourselves to Grandpa. This is Choi Yeonjun my brother, Choi Soobin my cousin and Kang Taehyung Yeonjun's cousin."

"You must be so happy to have a sister and friend like Byeol. She looks like she's a bundle of joy. Our Kai was lucky to meet you and make friends with you. Thank you for making our Kai so happy.

They're just smiling at what Kai's grandpa said. They couldn't deny that they're happy with their situation when they have each other as a family and friends.