Chapter Nine

Harry's P.O.V.

After

Wonderful

Shy

Beautiful

Lovable

I wrote down these words for my after. Its been two weeks of us hanging out at the park, always meeting under the weeping willow tree on the bench and since it's the beginning of October and it's starting to get chilly, I decided I would ask her to my house.

I've noticed with Sarah, she's not like any other girl I've come across. She doesn't hang over me, she scoots away from me, she doesn't flirt, she just tells me like it is.

I can't believe there was so much I missed out on because of my stupidity! "Not gonna argue with you on that!" I heard my mom's voice, I must be thinking out loud again.

"I would have never known her beautiful eyes, or how her laugh makes me want to melt or even the thought of her just makes me want to be around her forever."

I said, with a sigh, "Sounds to me you've really taken a like to this girl if you really like her then go for it Harry" my Mon says casually smiling. "I know but she keeps secrets as well like she never wants to talk about her family or anything ya know?" I question, wanting to desperately know who she is.

"Harry" my mom cuts through my thoughts" You have to give her time, remember it's not easy to just get over being bullied by someone for years, she has to learn to trust you and you have to learn to be patient with her" my mom says, while patting my back.

I let out a sigh, "I know" I say" but there's just this side of me that wonders why she never talks about her parents, or why she gets sad when I ask her about her life, period. Sometimes I wonder where she goes. I don't see her for half a day, and why she never eats lunch. I wanna give her time but it's like she could at least tell me something" I say exasperatedly.

Maybe it's just my nerves getting the best of me because I want her to like it here and maybe like me the same way I like her. Or maybe..."Or maybe it's hard for you to wrap your head around the fact that you're into a girl that's isn't into you and you don't know how to understand that" my mom says, reading my thoughts.

"yeah" I say and she's right, "it seems odd but I know with the damage I've done already, I have to take it slow and let her take her time. It's very unusual for me to wait for a girl, especially when I don't know the girls before we're in a room but with Sarah I feel like I could wait forever and a day." I say as I start to smile.

"Harry I'm proud of you just remember to wait for her, once she sees that you're totally into her she'll come around" my mom said before she kissed my cheek and left the room.

I grabbed my phone from the table and opened the message app, I typed in the numbers that I quite frequently used" first text" I said to myself:

Saylor; Kennedy; Ashley; Tory

We can't be friends with benefits and hook up anymore. I'm sorry-H

I hit send and it didn't take even a few seconds before I see the replies incoming. I erase them without even looking I don't care there's only Sarah.

I start another new text message:

Liam; Louis; Niall; Zayn

I think I have feelings for Sarah-H

I smile at the text and I just wait, I don't have to wait long before:

Liam: it doesn't surprise me lol but congrats mate!

Niall:Cheers mate! I'm happy for u!

Zayn: it's about time lol

Louis:U better not screw up but I'm proud of you

I smile and send a text of thanks before falling asleep, thinking of Sarah.

Sarah's P.O.V.

I sat in the room with all the children, to help go over their homework. They're all getting so big, right now Rainy and Thomas have turned another month and week older and are starting to talk more.

And I'm looking at Lyrica and she's starting to read more and doing her homework just like a big girl and I couldn't be any prouder and then I look over at Lux who is looking at a picture book, she's sounding her words out better and her hair is starting to change to a darker blonde.

Alex, Jordin, and Matt are growing up as well. Even though they're in the 6th grade they are going through the next stage in life, meaning they're starting to form crushes and likes and they don't know how to go through these feelings, I mean if you think of it, none of us do which in all honesty scares the hell out of me.

"Sarah?" I hear Jordin's voice pull me from my thoughts. Jordin is the girl of the triplets, she has black wavy hair and they're African American and Hispanic, they all have wavy black hair and they're just too cute to be 12.

"Yeah?" I answer as I put my book up and give her my full attention. "What do you feel when you get this feeling every time you see a guy?" she looks uncertain and scared, like I'm going to make fun of her or something. "It means you like him" I say" Like a friend or best friend?" "No like as in a boyfriend" I say laughing as she makes an eww face.

"Are we gonna feel the same way?" I hear Matt asking referring to himself as well as Alex, "Yeah about girls, every one goes through this phase" I say, laughing. "Have you?" my laughing immediately stood, as I start to smile, "yeah" I tell them honestly.

I wasn't gonna lie to them, people have done that enough, they needed someone to be honest, and be straight up with them.

"Really? Who?" I hear them ask and I giggle before telling them that it was my friend who is my partner for school. "Probably slept with him that Saturday" I hear Ms. Bridges cold hearted voice seep through the room, like we were in an air conditioned vent.

"No ma'am and please not in front of the children" I say pleading begging that she doesn't do this, not when I have a glimmer of hope and happiness.

"I will do as I damn well please, and I wouldn't be surprised that you were a filthy low down girl, you're all the same just attention seekers you're worthless, don't you get it? Nobody will ever love you, he'll look at your parents, they didn't give a damn about you" she snarled, before pulling me up off the bed and out of the room.

I knew what was coming next because I opened my mouth, because I wanted to be heard instead of being  talked at and not talked to. I heard the belt come out of the drawer, and before I could react the hit burning of leather hit my skin. I yelled and screamed from pain before I knew it I was beaten for opening my mouth and trying to shield the children's ears.

"Get out of my sight" she sneered, before turning her back on me leaving me to whimper and limp back to the room, I can't cry because that means she wins, that means that my parents have won, that means that I'd given up on these kids and I can't and I won't I just breathe out a sigh and limp to the bed before telling everyone to get ready for bed.

'How am I going to explain this to Harry?' I think to myself before changing Rainy and Thomas's diapers and heading downstairs to get their bottles fixed.

After 30 minutes of heating their bottles, I head up to the room and see Lyrica and Lux crying, "hey what's the matter loves?" I ask gently, "you hurt" Lux said, in between sobs, "we heard you scream" Lyrica said as she tried to dry her eyes.

"Oh don't be sad babes, if it means that I have to get beat to protect you then I will, every time" I say before kissing them on their foreheads. "Every time" I whisper as they start to fall asleep and I start to feed Rainy and Thomas.

After seeing that they didn't want their bottles but to just go to sleep, I let them and before heading downstairs to do my homework I whisper again, "Every time".