Chapter Five

Sarah's P.O.V.

I got to school 15 minutes later after I made sure everything was ok. I had Ms. Helm's class, which meant I had to deal with Harry. I still don't understand why he seemed so shaken; it puzzled me knowing that he hated my guts for no reason.

I felt so tired this morning, I didn't get much sleep; I was too busy throwing up everything I had from the night before. It started to hurt worse because I don't have anything else to throw up but in his eyes and everyone else's I'm still too fat, and this is the fastest way.

He's the reason I'm this way, it seems. I throw up every hour, maybe this will make me skinny enough. I looked at myself in the mirror, I'm paler than what I was a few weeks ago and I can tell my face has lost some of the roundness in it, along with me having these bags under my eyes.

Lately Ms. Bridges hasn't really bought that much food. so I don't eat, to make sire there's enough for the other's. I don't understand it, I do everything for these kids, at least she could do is buy food for us, and maybe she was waiting for me to do it.

I entered the classroom,  as normal as I sat in my seat and grabbed my things as usual. "Alright class, it's time to get with your partners" Ms. Helm said. I watched everybody get into their pair's, except Harry and me.

"Harry, get with your partner" Ms. Helm said, sternly." I'm not sitting with her, she'll crush me, unless you got a big enough table for us" Harry said, with venom laced in his voice. The whole class erupted with laughter, the laughs seemed too much for me and they drew attention to me, they were laughing at how fat I was, how unwanted I am, how unloved I am.

I ran out of the classroom and down the hall to the courtyard. I sat on the bench; I couldn't cry I gave up on that, there was no reason to. It wouldn't make the words go away or erase everything I feel, so I sat there until I felt someone's presence.

"Ms. Helm I don't f-" "I'm not Ms. Helm" he said, half laughing" Harry what are you doing here?" I asked, with the same venom he used before" Ms. Helm told me to say sorry and check on you" Harry said, sitting beside me" What have I done to you?" "What do you m-" "You know damn well what I mean! You bully me for what?! To get some sick twisted humor out of it? You don't know anything about me or what kind of person I am, I never said two words to you and you don't know what I go through just to make it. And until you're ready to say sorry without someone telling you to then you can talk to me!" I say.

Harry looked at me shocked, "I'm... sorry" "Save it Harry, and besides" I was cut off by hearing the bell letting me know I'm late back at the orphanage. "Shit! I gotta go!" "Wait, where you going?!"

I took off running before I could answer knowing that I'm in for it when I get there. "Oh great" I mutter.

I get there in 10 minutes to see Lux is crying and so are Rainy and Thomas, and a Ms. Bridges who is angry, "Where the he'll have you been?!" she yells" I-I was still a-at school" I say quietly" Bullshit! Get them quiet and I'll deal with you afterwards" "yes ma'am".

I get the bottles fixed and get them. changes while the bottles are heating up. I put them back in their holders, and check on Lux, "Hey what's wrong sweetie?" I ask, while rocking her, "Ms. Bwidges,yelling and throwing" she said, in between sobs, "shh, it's okay I'm here" I say as I rocked and hummed to her as she fell asleep.

I laid her in my bed and shut the door while I get the bottles and started to feed Rainy, after 20 minutes she calmed down and went to sleep along with Thomas who just wanted to feel safe for the moment, I sighed don't we all.

I put them in the bedroom with Lux and closed the door and prayed they stayed asleep. I went to knock on Ms. Bridges door, "Are they sleep?" "Yes ma'am" "You were late and left me with those screaming brats!" She yells before slapping me across the face, I hit the floor with a this as she came closer to me" since you were 10 minutes late, I'm giving you 10 lashes" she sneered,she grabbed the leather belt and hit me in a different place 10 times.

"Please stop! I won't do it again! Please I'm sorry!" I screamed. "You better be glad I need you around here" she said with disgust as she closed the door leaving me in the hall, to suffer.

I almost forgot what this feels like, she used to beat me when I was younger but that was only with a coat hanger but this felt 10 times worse,"shit!" insider as I got up and limped to the bathroom. my face had started to form a bruise and my body was hurting all over, I sighed I looked and see the red whelps starting to form and make bruises,"there's no ways I'm going to school" I said, as I started to get everything ready for the others.

Harry's P.O.V.

Sarah didn't come back to school but her words still runs in my head, 'you don't know what I go through just to make it's what did she means? And she's right, she doesn't deserve the way I've been treating her, and I don't know anything about her.

"Harry, she probably meant that she's going through things" Zayn said. Was I thinking out loud? "Yeah I guess, so and she was right. There was no reason to pick on her" I said, rubbing my face." Why did you pick on her anyways?" Louis asked, "I don't know she just seemed like a good laugh".

"Harry Edward Styles! We raised you better than that!" my mom's voice rang through my room. "Umm, guys I think we need to go" Niall said, "yeah let's go mates bye Harry" Liam said. "Bye lads".

"Well I'm waiting" my mom said sternly. "I was bullying a girl about her weight and I called her names and picked on her about how ugly she probably is because she keeps her head down all the time, I have slammed her against a locker and yanked her hair before. And today I said something's about her weight and she ran out of the room" I said, not being able to look at my mom's face. "You should be ashamed of yourself, there's no telling what that girl has been through" "I know she said that to me and I plan on making things right", I said, receiving a smile from my mom.

"That's my boy, I just hope you're doing it for the right reasons" she warned" I am, I can't get her voice out of my head or the way she looked at me ,and mom nobody at school has seem her eyes, and yesterday I did and they're golden" I say with a smile, "Harry it sounds like you're interested" she says" I don't know but I want to know more about her it's like I'm intrigued by her" I say as I lay back on the bed.

"Well do what's right and she might come around" my mom says, as shelf gives me a wink. "Good night Harry" "Good night mom, are you gonna tell dad?" "No, I think you learned your lesson pretty quickly". I hear my door close a I think about Sarah, am I really interested? Yes! I gotta prove to her that I can be a good guy as well as friends. I'm gonna make things right even if it takes me the rest of the year.