46. All You Never Say

Start from the beginning

“Sleep” his voice was as profound as the calm of the night air around them.

He could sense his mate’s worry, he knew Jin was grooming and scent marking him to let him know that he cared about him and was showing off his claim on him as well. It made the trueblood bask in pride, his hand gently moving to set over his mate’s pregnant belly and his insides tightened with concern as he sensed his pup. He felt a strong steady heartbeat, the spark of unusual power that it held was too evident and he wasn’t sure about how to feel about it.

The pride that brewed in him to know his child would be as invincible as himself was undeniable but he couldn’t deny the aggression that raged in him at the thought of his pup trying to challenge him or hurting Jin, his trueblood very prepared to show its dominance and its strength to ensure that his pup would never dare to go against him. He realized almost at the same time that he was letting his aggression towards that arrogant spirit take over him again and remembered his Hyung's words to keep in mind that it wasn't Jin...but only a part of his mate.

His gaze came back to rest at the side of Jin’s face, mind filling with affection and protectiveness as he saw him sleeping in his embrace.

“Why are you so eager to protect them…?”

The question sounded like an extension of his thoughts as the words softly collided with the silence that surrounded them.

“For the same reason you want to protect everyone” Jin spoke into the alpha’s chest “because I feel I should…because I think that I was given the ability to be stronger than others for a reason…”

Taehyung wanted to laugh at that knowing how ridiculously opposite the reality was “I fight to protect because that’s what I was born to do…my father wanted a super soldier whom everyone would fear n made me the Commander of Kleon…I protect because that's my job.”

There was a little silence that overtook the scene again, and Taehyung thought Jin had finally fallen asleep when he felt the omega circling his arms around him and nuzzling into his chest to cling onto the alpha a little more closely.

“And who says you don’t need to be protected?”

Taehyung’s gaze froze on his omega, to hear the one he was supposed to protect and keep safe talk about protecting him…his mind was harried with thoughts but heart warm with a sensation of delight that had forever felt very foreign to him as he realized how his omega, so he held his silence, not knowing how to show what such simple gestures from Jin did to him.

“I do not believe in fate much” Jin’s lighter voice cut the silence again “but I think someone up there knew that out of all the people in the world you’d need the help of my powers the most…and with the amount of times I’ve had to heal you, I think I’m right”

Taehyung tried but couldn’t hold back the smile as he listened to Jin…this sassiness in the omega had always tantalized him.

“It’s funny of you to say that because I clearly remember you breaking my nose and knocking me out quite a few times” he taunted, fingers unmindfully grazing up and down Jin’s back.

“That was because you were being an asshole at that time” Jin muttered under his breath.    

“Well, on my behalf…I had different kinda ideas about having a mate…I am not used to seeing an omega like you” the alpha spoke sighing against Jin’s temple, mouth stealing a peck.

Jin pulled his head back to stare up at him “what kinda ideas?”

There was no harshness or spite in his voice as he asked to simply know and yet Taehyung suddenly felt short of words about how to describe it since now that they had accepted each other it didn’t really matter much…but more so because now that he thought about it he realised how much of an ass he actually had been to Jin solely due to reason that Jin didn’t act like the mate he wished his omega would be.