Childhood Friends - Tomura Shigaraki x Reader | BNHA

•••

You had been friends with Tomura since birth. Yours and his parents met at a parenting class and sort of forced you and their son to hang out. It wasn't that bad though. Tenko Shimura was your very first friend.

Until the tragedy happened.

However, now many years later, your friend still comes to visit you under the name "Tomura Shigaraki", one of the country's most wanted criminals.

As teenagers, he would climb into your room through your window during the night, once he knew your parents were asleep. As adults, you had gotten an apartment, which made it so much easier for the blue-haired villain to see you.

It was now midnight. The two of you sat on your bed playing a video game and telling corny jokes, exuding a childlike innocence that was ripped from Tomura after the death of his family.

He genuinely laughed only in your presence, in the safety of your apartment, and it made your heart flutter each time.

You let out a content sigh as Tomura's character in the game wins. Upon seeing his victorious smile, you couldn't stop your heart from speaking.

"I think I'm in love with you, except that thought is a little scary." You chuckled, hand going up to nervously rub the back of your neck.

Shigaraki paused, his red eyes shifting to your form.

"And why's that?"

You looked to the TV screen ahead of you, changing maps of the game before replying, "No offense, but you're a villain. Literally one of Japan's most wanted. I'm already terrified of you getting thrown in the slammer. But if we started dating, that fear is just gonna get worse. "

Meeting his gaze, you continued, "I love you, Tenko. Have for years. But...I don't want to lose you. You've been pretty good at escaping the heroes and cops, but whatever luck that was will run out at some point."

Tomura sat up straighter and placed down his controller.

"I'm not going anywhere. Trust me. Besides, I guess you're kind of like my lucky charm. Because every time I was close to getting arrested, I thought of you and how crushed I'd feel if I couldn't see you again. That made me fight harder. As long as I have you, no dirty hero or cop will separate us."

You smiled, but remained silent. Suddenly, you felt cold, slightly cracked lips press a soft kiss to your cheek.

"So how would you react if I said I love you too, my dear?"

•••