The Eternal Knight Part 4: Omen

They peek their head through the door, searching for any threats.

It seems clear, so they advance in. Your wings and horns make for a tight fit, grinding on the door frame and getting stuck.

The instant you manage to enter, however, an eerie laugh echoes around the small space.

The first thing you see is two glowing red pupils, suspended in the darkness, and then it comes forward into the light, head bent at a strange angle, grinning manicly.

"Lucy?"

The weirdo that Aja and Krel said was their parent? What the hell?

The adult's necks starts to twitch frantically, and her grin widens.

"Wel- welcome home kids. Didn't I tell you t- to ask me if you wanted to have any- anyone over?", they say, strange static crackles splitting up their words.

"But never mind, you're all j- just in time for su- supper!", she grins, and begins launching kitchenware towards the group at an alarming speed.

"And just in time to die."

One shatters on your chest, and you grimace out of habit before realizing that you felt no pain.

Oh yeah.

You have stone skin now.

Out of nowhere, the male appears, gripping two golf clubs like swords.

"Don- Don't worry honey! I'll get the jo- job done."

"And the job is to kill."

Jeez, they sound like bad 80's movie antagonists-

The adult, 'Xadra', you think they're called, steps forward, scythe ready, but Krel stops her.

"They're our friends Xadra! Don't kill them!"

You bark out a laugh.

"You had no problem trying to do that to me, did you Aja?"

She pretends not to hear, then pulls her brother towards the gaping hole in the floor.

It leads down into some sort of... high tech basement, bathed in a glaring red light.

The three of you drop down, and race towards a strange chamber.

The majority of the space is taken up by two hollow pods, and the rest with assorted wires.

Krel's face falls and he slams a fist against the glass.

"They're gone."

----

I hope you enjoyed the chapter !

Have a great day ^-^