Chapter 25: Answers, but more secrets

You open your eyes, and look up into the ceiling.

Wait.

The ceiling?

Weren't you just in the woods?

Rubbing away the sleep in your eyes, you sit up.

It seems you where sleeping on... Jim's couch? 

Oh.

He must have found you asleep and brought you here.

That was nice of him.

You flick your gaze across the room, remembering the  light blue walls, boxy tv, soft blue and white rug, couch and disc shelf.

It's all exactly like it was when you where little.

Somehow, being in this nostalgic, familiar place just makes you realize how different everything is.

You sit down on the old, rust-coloured couch, and put your head in your hands.

Your stony, horned head.

"Oh, hey, (Y/n), you're awake."

Jim stands in the entrance to the kitchen.

"Hey you guys, she's awake!", he shouts, turning his head behind him.

You stand up as Toby walks through the doorway, followed by Claire -who was holding a strange staff thing- Jim's mom, and... Principal Strickler?

There's also two stone dudes in the back, with the same kind of skin as you and Jim, albeit different colours.

There's silence.

Your tail curls inwards slightly, disliking everyone staring at you.

Jim steps forward, with Toby two steps after, and curls his arm around your shoulders.

"So everyone, this is (Y/n), (Y/n), the two stone guys at the back are ARRRGH!

"With three R's.", the big one rumbles, smiling and holding up three fingers.

"and Blinky. You know everyone else. Except Merlin, who's in the kitchen, but still."

Merlin?

Like Arthurian Merlin?

The blue one, 'Blinky', steps forward and extends a hand and shakes one of yours.

"Blinkous Galadrigal, at your service."

He turns to Jim.

"May I talk to you both alone, Master Jim?"

Jim nods, and gestures for you to follow them up the stairs, and into Jim's room.

It's trashed, with papers everywhere and bookcases tipped over, but it's still the room you remember.

'Blinky' pulls a large, thick book out from his satchel and places it onto the desk.

Looks like you're finally getting answers.

---------------------------------------

"And that is the fearsome foe and impending calamity we face upon the morrow."

Wow. That was a fun history lesson.

So, trolls have been living underneath your feet this whole time, and Jim's their protector.

The Trollhunter.

And an evil witch lady from the middle ages is going to block out the sun so that bad trolls can take over the world.

You turn to the four armed troll.

"So, that Kanjigar dude was Trollhunter before Jim. But who was before him?"

He quickly flips through the pages dedicated to each one, and past one that looks as if it's been ripped out, to 'Manith The Malnourished'.

He begins to go off about how 'Manith was akin to Unkar The Unfortunate in failure'.

But he's covering something up.

Like everyone always is.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three chapters in one day-

Holy crap-

Anyway, thank you for reading!

~Rio