Chapter 26: Do I look like I need help?

Why is it that every time you get an answer, it always turns into more questions?

You still have no idea what half of you was, and that Blinky guy is clearly hiding something.

You just got the whole bombshell of trolls being real and Arthurian mythology being, well, not mythology dropped on you.

Oh yeah, and you have to fight the biggest, most powerful witch of all time in like eight hours.

At least Kubritz doesn't know where you are.

For now.

Meeting the protagonist of the epic stories your dad used to tell you was pretty awesome though.

Merlin Ambrosius, the most powerful wizard to ever have lived, creator of the Trollhunter's amulet, Advisor to King Arthur himself, Myrddin Wylt, Emrys.

Well, yknow, if him poking you, muttering to himself with a dark look on his face while pacing for the next half hour counts as meeting.

What are you even supposed to do now?

Wait  for the inevitable doom of mankind patiently?

....

Nope.

You're bored.

You get up from the couch and walk over to the back door, looking out into the darkness.

Pretty much everyone's asleep, like they should be, because it's one in the morning.

Creaking the door open slightly, you slip outside, and trip over Toby.

You faceplant straight into Jim's lawn, leaving furrows in the grass with your horns.

"ARRRGH!, what did I tell you about stepping on me in the middle of the night?", he yawned, wiping the sleep from his eyes.

"Oh. Hey (Y/n)."

You sit up, wiping the dirt from your horns.

"Sorry."

There's an awkward silence as the boy readjusts himself.

"Why where you sleeping on the stairs? Outside?"

"Uh... I was just... nothing... Why where you sneaking out?"

"I wasn't sneaking- I was going to get some fresh air before I tripped over you! And anyways, the air here isn't even fresh, there's so many cars coming by!"

"Oh, that's right, you live in thE wOodS, DOn'T yOU! Is the air here to UncLEan for your sPeciAl TasTEs?"

"Matter of fact, it IS!"

"Well, no WONdeR you never talk to us anymore! I guess it pains you too much to come into town!"

"EXCUSE ME? MAYBE I Was AvoIDiNG yoU BEcAUse YOU wHEre AlL keePiNG sECretS fOM ME and I wAs BEing ATTAcKED And TurNED INTO A FreAkING MoNSTer???"

"WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD US ABOUT THAT! WE COULD HAVE HELPED YOU!"

"REAllY? HeLP ME? DO I LOOK LIKE I NEED HELP, DOMZALSKI? DO I LOOK. LIKE. I NEED. HELP?", you shout, claws digging into the soil.

"I-"

"NO. I DON'T. I SURE AS HECK DID. BUT NOT ANYMORE. NOT. ANYMORE. I SAVED MY SELF. AND I CAN DO IT AGAIN."

He crosses his arms, and rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, you look sooo saved right now."

Your eyes narrow angrily.

You aren't...

You won't deal with this.

You won't.

You're angry.

So, so angry.

You're tired.

So, so tired.

Everyone is keeping secrets from you.

They all hate you.

You're a monster.

Even Jim looks human. You're a four armed bat monster.

No.

You won't let your anger get the best of you again.

You close your eyes. You can feel Toby staring at you.

"I'm going out. I'll be back."

You take off with a strong flap of your wings, leaving the boy behind.

The night air is cool against your stone face as you fly forwards aimlessly, not knowing where you're going.

You fly over the town for a while, then alight on top of an apartment building, near a largely empty parking lot.

You sit, observing the stars for a while, until your eyes are drawn to a commotion.

Pigeons scatter away from the area behind the big, empty and graffitied billboard.

A faint ripple in the air draws your attention, and as you look over, a strange flying... spaceship? materializes.

Sounds can be heard from inside, and you think you hear a familiar one...

Krel?

You flap closer to get a better look, staying in the shadows.

It's that creature that nearly killed you a few days ago.

And his friend was holding Aja and Krel captive, it seems.

Argh, you're going to have to go rescue them, aren't you?

Looks like it.

Darn you, ambiguity.

They move away from the front of the ship, and as you scan the ship over for any entry points,  you notice a small hatch on the right side, at the back.

Bingo.

-------------------------------------------------------

I'm on a writing spree the last two days, wow-

Thank you for reading!

Always remember to let me know what you thought of the chapter, and the book so far!

Coming up on the climax of the first part too-

Bye!

~Rio