Chapter 9: All of these people are hiding something

"What happened to the aliens?"

You shake the shorter boy's shoulders vigorously.

"Aliens? What a... silly notion... you mean that bear thing in the woods?"

You glare at Krel, arms crossed.

"I know what I saw, and you saw it too! I beat that lizard lady's ass to stop her from getting to you! I probably saved your ungrateful life!"

The boy lets out an awkward chuckle.

"Listen, it was late, you were probably scared, and you hit your head pretty hard, so  let's just uh, how do you say it? Kalk it up to a bad concussion?"

"It's chalk, actually. And I'll be leaving now."

You start towards the bright cyan door, but turn your head slightly.

"Thanks for not leaving me to die"

You slam the door behind you.

                                                  ...............................................................................

You manage to get home, despite the splitting headache, and the moment you were inside, you sunk down, back against the door. 

What the actual heck.

You have no idea why Krel was trying to cover up whatever that thing was in the woods.

Why is everyone keeping secrets from you?

Why are you the only one who knows nothing?

"Ugh."

You sigh, and pull out your phone, it's (f/c) case thankfully undamaged, and turn it on. 

Nothing. 

No one gives the slightest frick about you, do they? You sigh again and lower your head into your hands.

*DING*

You look up, and notice a text from Eli.

You wonder what Eli wants, but you just shrug and get up

Before heading over to your friend's house, you grab a piece of toast, because getting knocked out, being unconscious for over sixteen hours, and walking across town to get home will make anyone hungry.

You pass the bathroom as you're walking to the door, and catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror.

....

You look like you were kicked in the face, fell into a bush, and were dragged across the forest floor.

Oh wait, you were.

You wipe away some of the dirt on your (s/c) cheeks, step outside, unlock your bike, and pedal over to Eli's.

                                                           ..........................................................

What was taking (y/n) so long?

Was she okay?

The bespectacled boy often worried about his friend, but this time, it was different. 

She could be in real danger here.

They both could be.

                                                     .................................................................

You pull up in front of your friend's familiar house, and lock up your bike. You walk up the front steps, as you have many times before, and ring the doorbell.

Mrs. Pepperjack (you still had no idea what her name was, which was rather embarassing since you had known her son since you were both eight), answered the door, and greeted you warmly.

"Oh (y/n), it's lovely to have you over again, it's been awhile since Eli had any friends over other than Steve. How have you been?"

You try to cover up your surprise at the fact that Eli Pepperjack had Steve Palchuck over at his house, and continue your conversation with Eli's mother.

The world was a strange place these days.

                                               ........................................................................

Hey~

How are all of you?

Let me know if you enjoyed this chapter~

~Rio