Chapter 13: "Teen Center"

The picture isn't really related but Crispy Jim is hilarious XD                                                        

~

The group kept walking for a while, until Jim abruptly stopped, and headed straight for...              

Omni-Reach Travel?                                                                                                          

You thought that place had shut down ages ago. What could the boy possibly want from here?

Besides, the door was clearly locked-

Nope.

He just... busted it open. 

This is breaking and entering.

What is he doing?

Claire and Toby stride in after him nonchalantly, like they've broken into private property hundreds of times before.

They probably have.

You reluctantly follow the three into the building, Aja and Krel not far behind.

Speaking of Krel.

You were still slightly flustered by the fact that this boy, who you had known for a week, was holding your hand and blushing not ten minutes ago.

Someone must've put something in your sandwich.

There was no way he actually... liked you...

Was there?

                                                             ......................................

Meanwhile, Krel was having a small breakdown.

Why did he grab your hand?

You probably thought he was a weirdo now, if you didn't before.

Why was he blushing? He couldn't even talk....

Ugh...

He must be a soolian to think that you even saw him as a friend, let alone...

The boy shook his head, clearing his thoughts.

He couldn't get attached to anything on this planet, he had to get home, and he was a king-in-waiting. He had a throne to protect.

Still...

                               .............................................................

Jim whispered something into the black, old timey phone, the kind with those spin dials.

You tried to listen in, but Claire gave you a death glare. 

Okay then.

You didn't know the brunette very well, but then again, you didn't know many people well, as Jim and Toby were really your only friends, other than Eli. 

They were also the only people who knew what happened to your parents. 

The 'car crash' part at least.

She never acknowledged any of your existences till a few months ago, and now Jim's her boyfriend, he won't talk to you anymore and he's fighting monsters in the school hallway during Saturday detention.

What a life.

You startle as the floor starts to shake, and sink, taking you down.

Aja laughs.

"We love rooms that move. Don't we, little brother?"

"I'm so bored. Where are we going again?"

Meanwhile, you're trying not to freak out as the 'room that moves' grinds to a stop, and a door opens.

"A super secret... teen center!"

Really Jim?  A teen center? You knew he was bad at lying, but this was a new low.

Aja gasps.

"What are those?"

You stare out into the hallway that has just been revealed, wires sparking, hanging from the ceiling, and human-like bones strewn around.

"Ooh. Looks like human bones."

With bite marks. BITE MARKS.

"Now things are getting interesting."

                            ..............................................................

Krel groans..

"This is the worst teen center in the galaxy. Where is the music, the dancing?"

He pantomimes someone dancing and you chuckle slightly. The boy notices and grins.

"Looks like we still haven't cleaned up from the Halloween party!"

Toby laughs unconvincingly.

Aja walks off in the trio's direction, while you and Krel explore whatever the hell this place is.

You come upon an... unfinished body. The green skin is rotting, peeling away from the three-eyed skull, and a singular, shrivelled eyeball lies on the floor.            I

t's chest is ripped open, and the ribs are exposed, bent at unnatural angles.

You flinch at the smell, and turn away, catching up with the boy.

                                ...........................................................................

Thank you so much for reading~

Comment if you enjoyed! Your feedback means a lot to me :)

Stay Awesome.

~Rio