Chapter 18: Lights In the Kitchen

"Not quite human."

Your eyes narrow disbelievingly.

"You're lying.."

The alien chuckles.

"Am I?"

"Or do you only believe what you want to hear?"

"I don't believe aliens.", you growl.

He tilts his head, grinning.

"But are you not one?"

Your grip on the stick falters.

"No, I'm not. I'm a human. I was born here."

Why were your hands shaking?

It couldn't be true.

This... thing... was lying.

"Maybe so... but others have been to this mudball before..."

"Then prove it, you're clearly lying.", you snap, angered at his persistence.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alpha would have normally killed the girl then and there.

He couldn't care less about earthling issues.

But my, was this interesting.

The Zeron had been bored, but he was now intrigued.

An oddity such as this could be worth many crestons on the black market, and he had always enjoyed toying with his bounties, because it made the hunt more fun.

And by Seklos, was that panicked look on his prey's face just priceless.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The creature smirked.

"Proof?"

"You already know the answer."

Without warning, he leapt toward you, the strange blade he wore on his hip extended.

You were unprepared, so you were thrown back into a tree, and a sharp pain shot up your left leg as your ankle twisted.

He whipped back around, lunging for you again, but this time you used the stick you were still holding to deliver a sharp hit to the back of his knee.

You then used his momentum to trip him, sending him flying into the tree.

You heard a sickening crack as the he slammed into it, but you didn't pause, you half ran, half limped through the forest, stumbling over roots, sending more pain through your injured ankle, which you ignored.

He could be right behind you.

You didn't stop till you got to your house.

You sighed in relief, until you realized. 

The lights in the kitchen were on.

You had turned them off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You retrieved the spare key for the back door from underneath a small stone, and unlocked it.

You slipped through, staying alert.

The light was still on as you approached the kitchen.

"Hello? I've had a really bad day, and I'm kind of angry, so can you just leave, whoever's there?"

You paused.

......

Nothing.

You stepped forward, but as you rounded the corner, you felt a hard blow to the back of your head.

Your last thought was "Not again", as you fell forwards, unconscious.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another short chapter-

Sorry -_-

And yes, this one was kinda bad, I know.

See you in the next chapter!

-Rio