Chapter 20: Something Else.

"Vera, come on. She's old enough.".

"Jason, I've told you before, she's three!"

Little (Y/n) shifted in her baby chair as her parents argued in the car.

Jason looked back at their child then turned to look at Vera, who sat in the driver's seat.

"Well when do you plan on telling her? She'll find out by herself soon enough, and you know we have to make sure she keep the secret."

"What do you mean, 'find out soon enough'?"

"It's only a matter of time till she changes by herself, you know."

"We don't know anything, actually. Something... something like (Y/n) has never happened before."

"Yes, but-"

You gasp as you jolt forwards.

Everything hurts.

Grimacing, you raise your head to look at your surroundings.

Huh...

You are back in the same blue bed, except this time... it feels smaller...

It's probably just bad memory, you think, shaking your head to clear it.

You look around at your surroundings.

Yep.

The same room.

A flicker of motion catches the corner of your eye, and you turn slightly to your right.

It was a mirror.

And inside the mirror was a monster.

It had purple, stony skin, with glowing blue swirls engraved into it, that ran up and around the large curving horns that protruded from the creature's forehead, and through its mess of hair.

The thing had wide black scleras, bright irises with no pupils, and it was unnaturally large, with four arms and two massive leathery wings.

You recoil in fear, and it mimics your action perfectly. The same look of fright is written across its stony face.

Leaning forward, you place a hand on the mirror.

It reaches out at the same time as you.

Your hands touch, but the only thing you feel is your cold, heavy stone hand against the mirror.

That creature was right.

You aren't quite human...

You've been something else all along.

But what?

Surely the Tarrons will know.

Not that you've forgiven them for kidnapping you.

Or lying.

Or holding a knife against your throat.

...

But you need answers.

So, so many answers.

You lift your eyes from the mirror, step into the hallway, and stumble down it, still getting used to your newfound strength.

Past the abstract painting.

Past the potted plant.

And into the kitchen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Chapter! Finally-

Sorry for the wait -_-

Super short again, but tell me what you thought about it!

Seeya

~Rio