Chapter 31: The Eternal Knight Part 2: Anger

"Your father was a changeling, child, and one of the Merlin's Chosen. He betrayed me, and his kind, for those who wished he did not exist. And his thanks for his sacrifice,", she chuckles sinisterly, seeing your shocked face.

"Was to be wiped from history, and forgotten forever."

"How does that make you feel?"

You grit your teeth.

"Angry."

The witch chuckled.

"Good."

"But not at them.", you yell, leaping towards her, claws extended.

Golden, fiery chains reach out, snatching you out of the air and tightening around your waist, binding your arms to your sides, before drawing you closer.

You thrash back and forth, trying to break free, spots swimming in your vision as the chains crush the air from you.

Morgana sighs, gives a slightly imperceptible eye roll, and flings you aside again, further this time, and the impact knocks what remaining breath you had left out of you.

You black out, hearing a faint yell from Jim in the background.

...

Cracking your eyes open, the first thing you see is the ground shaking.

That's to be expected today.

The next thing you see is a spaceship flying up into the swirling orange-red clouds.

Ah.

That's not normal.

Normal for Arcadia, that is.

You pull yourself to your feet, and hear an assorted collection of roaring, yelling and/or screaming.

Racing towards it, you spot a gargantuan insectoid creature and the Tarrons standing in the cul-de-sac where their home is... was?, along with..

Stuart?

Wow, okay, didn't expect to see him here.

As you look around, you see a gaping hole where their house used to be, directly under the ship.

You walk over slowly and stop beside Krel.

"Hey, is that your ship?", you say, gesturing towards the vessel.

He jumps slightly, startled by your arrival, and then turns to look at you.

"(Y/n)?"

You barely have time to dodge the two blades swinging towards you, one wielded by what looks to be an adult female of whatever species Aja and Krel are, and the other by Aja herself.

"Rude! I was trying to talk to Krel!", you protest, avoiding the adult's attacks.

Aja steps in front of him, holding her energy blade out.

"Leave my little brother alone!"

"Do I get a say in this?", the boy questions, leaning out from behind his angry sister.

"NO!", the two females yell, advancing towards you.

You back away, raising your hands in a non-threatening manner.

Kind of hard when you have giant claws but still, you try.

"Calm down, calm down, I come in peace!'

The girl scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"Peace my blue dorsal, you've attacked us so many times I can't even count!".

You frown.

"I mean, I did kind of save your brother from a fiery death via spaceship crash though, didn't I?".

"Only because you were trying to save yourself!".

"I literally jumped out of a free-falling aircraft to catch Krel, and you don't even care."

"You hurt us first!", she yells, growing more and more animated as the argument escalates.

"Because kidnapping me is fine, isn't it?".

"You were going to rat us out to Kubritz!".

"Yeah, and I didn't, then some freaky alien tried to murder me, and I turned into whatever the heck this is!".

"I know, but you attacked us!"

"Do you really know? Really? What it's like to have been lied to your whole life?"

Your wings fold in slightly.

"What it's like to be so angry, all the time? At everyone? Not knowing who you can trust or who you can depend on?"

"Have your whole world  turned upside down in a few short hours?"

"To be the thing you were raised to hate?"

--------------------------

Short ass chapter after like a month without updates?

Jeez, I'm sorry-

Writer's block has finally lifted after a millennia of suffering, so hopefully more chapters will be out soon!

Sorry for the wait.