Chapter 4: New Kids

New. Strange.  

The colonel always says that things not from here are dangerous. 

And that's exactly what Aja and Krel are. 

Aja is finally some good competition in gym, and Krel can actually contest you in math. 

Aja is athletic and brave, and somehow her brother is the exact opposite. 

Krel is smart, but he looks like he couldn't hold his own in a fight against a larger opponent. 

She always says that new things are bad.

But you can't help yourself. 

 You can't help laughing when Coach Lawrence's jaw drops as Aja races up and down his "rope challenge".

You can't help but enjoy yourself as you and Krel are finished your tests before anyone else has even finished their first question.

Still. 

There is something... off about them. 

They say they are biological twins, and yet they look nothing alike.

They speak in a strange manner.

They seem constantly surprised at average things.

And no, "Cantaloupia" is not a country, new or otherwise.

                                      ......................................................................................................

Ms. Janeth stands at the chalkboard, back to the class. She's talking about calculating the area of a triangle. 

You aren't paying much attention, as you already know all the information she attempts to teach the rest of the class. 

Claire is absent again, but this time so are Jim and Toby. You know something is up with them.

The door creaks open, and you look up from your desk to see two teens, about your age, standing in front of Señor- No, Interim Principle Uhl. 

The one on the right has fair, slightly pink skin, with pale, almost white straight blonde hair and blue eyes. She wears a dark red flannel dress, grey leggings, and tall bright red sneakers. 

The girl looks around with a smile on her face, as if excited to be here.

The one on the left, however, looks incredibly bored. 

His arms are crossed against his chest, and his almond skin contrasts his chocolate eyes and slightly curly dark brown hair. He wears a blue t-shirt, dark grey sweatpants, and white sneakers.

As his eyes scan across the classroom, they land on you, and he gives you a strange look.

He then turns to the girl and whispers something in her ear, but she brushes whatever it was off, and Ms. Janeth introduces them to the class. 

The boy who gave you the strange look is Krel Tarron, and the girl is his sister, Aja.

The pair sit down, and start talking, clearly not listening to the teacher. Aja is gesturing around excitedly, and the boy is sitting in his seat, two desks away, rolling his eyes at his sister's enthusiasm. When the teacher asks Krel to come up to the board and answer a question, he corrects her and tells her that she is forgetting to account for the triangle's area when applied to the fourth dimension. 

This kid is smart.

Too smart.

                                         .............................................................................................

Vote and Comment if you enjoyed :)

I'll try to do a chapter a day, but no promises~

Hope you guys are enjoying this.

If you have any suggestions or comments, feel free to comment!