Chapter 15: Memories

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

Your father sighs, his warm brown hands brushing against your small (s/c) ones.

"When are we going to tell her? She deserves to know. About both of us."

"Jason, she's only four."

"So?"

Your mother shakes her head, laughing slightly, her long black hair swaying with the motion.

"Well, toddlers tend not to understand these things."

"Human children are so... underdeveloped..."

She raises her eyebrow at her husband.

"At least she wasn't planning world domination at age two, like some people I could name."

The man rolls his eyes.

"Will you ever stop bringing that up?"

"Nope."

                                                        ..............................................................

                                                                              (Y/n)'s P.O.V.

Your mother laughs, twirling you around, only stopping as you both collapsed onto the dark green grass of your backyard, giggling.

Lying on the ground, she points out the bright stars and their constellations, naming them for you.

"You see that one? That's called Draco, because some ancient Greek dudes thought it looked like a dragon, and that one over there, it's called Cygnus-"

Her words are interrupted by the snapping of twigs from the trees that line your yard.

She jumps up, pulling something from her pocket and pointing it towards the woods.

You hide behind her leg, your mind conjuring all kinds of horrid monsters.

"Get inside."

Your mother mouths for you to run, pushing you towards the door. You protest slightly at leaving her behind, but do as she says, and close the glass door behind you.

                                                   .......................................

                                                              No ones P.O.V.

Jason stumbles, dark purple blood dripping from the cut above his eye, and his battered form falls forwards onto the soft grass.

Vera sprints over, lowering her weapon.

"Jason!"

He looks up, and coughs, more of the dark blood in his throat.

"Jason, what in Gaylen's name happened? You said you were just-"

He coughs again.

"I-I'm fine, Vera, you don't need to-"

"Shh."

She shushes the male, then rips a piece off of her shirt, using it to stop the blood flow of the open wound on his waist.

"How do you even bleed if you're made of stone?"