𝑘𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑜 (36)

original article: Red Velvet accused of plagiarism in their latest comeback showcase. (Koreaboo, 2015)

Rookie Soloist Accused Of Plagiarism By BLACKPINK Aster's Fans

🇳​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇼​​​​​🇸​​​​​                                                                                        🇰​​​​​🇴​​​​​🇷​​​​​🇪​​​​​🇦​​​​​🇧​​​​​🇴​​​​​🇴​​​​​

                                                                                             🇦​​​​​🇺​​​​​🇬​​​​​🇺​​​​​🇸​​​​​🇹​​​​​ 21, 2021

On August 21, a post on Pann accused a rookie soloist of copying BLACKPINK Aster's debut stage outfits. The post featured comparison pictures of Aster and the soloist's stage outfits for two different songs. The outfits have been copied from head to toe, even the accessories and hairstyles.

The poster also stated that the plagiarism of the outfits started when the soloist performed her comeback stage for the first time.

Fans reached out to Aster and Aster's personal stylist Ava Carter on social media. The supermodel's stylist said this on her personal Twitter account.

Netizens who came across this post defended Aster and her styling team, but some believe that this might be the designer and the soloist's way of appreciating Aster's style

[+179, -4] Whenever I see these outfits, it will only remind me of Aster and her iconic and legendary Fancy era.

[+245, -2] Girlie really said "Let me channel my inner Aster."

[+128, -3] No one can beat Ms. Carter and Aster puh-lease.

[+27, -142] Maybe she's just trying to pay homage to Aster.

[+34, -184] Aster is a global fashion icon and a lot of people look up to her. Why does it matter to you so much that a rookie copies her style?

Source: Pann

*a/n: ok but this really happened to me. STORY TIMEE!!

this morning, I received a message from one of the readers of this book. she said that a fellow 'added member book' writer on wattpad stole some of my work and added it to their work without crediting me. the work i am referring to are the outfits i made in aster's fancy debut live stages and champagne live stages. 5 of them were from fancy while one is from champagne.

FYI, all the outfits in my books are thought of, planned, brought together by ME. it takes me days, weeks, and sometimes months to plan the outfits for my characters. i'm basically their stylist. sometimes i also credit other stylists if I'm gonna take their work and put it here. so this incident shocked me. i am not that talented and confident in styling but my work is still my work.

if you are a fellow writer like me and you like the outfits i make, you can copy them and add them to your work but PLEASE DO GIVE CREDIT.

i'm not gonna mention them or their book in here because I don't want people to attack them. but i assume they're a reader seeing as they saw the outfits. 

even though the pictures and the pieces of clothing are not mine, i have given the creators credit from the very start. it was stated in the description of this book.

if you come across my work in other books without credits to me, please do tell me so i am informed.