Chapter 28: Surprise

(A/N: sorry the updates are taking a while, i'm super busy with school! Also, this whole chapter is mostly written in Joe's POV, as it's kinda a filler chapter before we get to some more interesting things, so I hope that's okay. But in other news, I saw the Jonas Brothers at the beginning of September and it was the best day of my life! My dad and I got upgraded to the front row, and I was soooo excited it was amazing!!! Okay on to the storyyy)

(P.S. I'm uploading this on Lainey's birthday, November 4!)

Joe's POV:

It's now the first day of December, and we spent the night here in Baltimore. The show last night went really well, aside from Ollie's cast bothering him.

Today we have a really big surprise for the kids.

It's their last few days of Thanksgiving break before they go back to school on Tuesday, (besides Charlotte, who still has to make up her 3 day suspension while school is in session) and we have a few days off of tour before we go to Illinois, so we all decided last minute that we would take the kids on a little vacation.

It was kind of a last minute decision, as Nick woke me up at like 2am with the idea, but I thought it sounded fun, so i guess we're gonna go with it.

We wake the kids up at about 7, because we're gonna fly there and our plane leaves at 10.

We could drive, but it's a bit of a long drive and we wouldn't have a whole lot of time there for the day if we drove.

I'm keeping it a surprise for the kids, so they know we are leaving, but they don't know where we are going.

They think we're going to pick up Priyanka at the airport, as she went back home for the weekend, which isn't a complete lie, We are meeting her at the airport, and she did go home, but actually, we're taking the kids to New York City!

So we finally loaded up all of our bags in the cars, for like the millionth time, but the trunk got a little full so we had to throw some bags in the backseats. I made Kevin drive Lainey, the twins and I to the airport, with Nick and the other girls in the rental car following us.

"i'm soooo excited to see Aunt Pri. we haven't seen her since thanksgiving" Rowan says

Soon we pull up to the airport.

But I guess we didn't really think this through... how are we supposed to get our bags, without the kids being suspicious?

Ooohh I know

"Hey guys, let's all get our bags together and we can put them in Priyanka's car so that we have room for her in our car. But we'll have to bring them into the airport with us, i doubt Nick has the keys" I say

Nick just shakes his head, and all the kids get their suitcases and go ahead of us

"Good one." Nick says and makes the OK symbol with his fingers.

Once we get into the airport, we walk over to where we were told Pri would be.

We all sit down in the uncomfortable airport seats.

"hey uh... i'm gonna.. run to the bathroom." Kevin announces.

He comes over to me

"I'm gonna go print out our tickets" He whispers in my ear.

I nod at him and he leaves.