Just A Little Fun

Start from the beginning

Then, Fives had caught sight of him lurking in the hall outside the door.

The pounding and chanting stopped. 

Everyone turned to look at him.

When he said everyone, he meant everyone. 

Everyone. 

Like some carnivorous monsters, whose cave he'd stumbled into. 

They all looked at him. 

And slowly, like droids, they moved towards him. 

He found himself being pulled in, dragged towards the center of the room. 

He couldn't even stop them. He couldn't even try to stop them. 

They seemed to do it without any hesitation, like they knew exactly what they were doing.

He found himself at the edge of the table, looking up at Fives towering above him. He looked down blankly. Rex wasn't even sure what expression he was making.

From each side of him, Tup and Boil grabbed his shoulders and pulled him up onto the table.

He stood eye-level  with Fives on the edge of the table.

Slowly, everyone in the cafeteria started thumping their feet in sync.

The light blared down on the table.

Rex looked out over the sea of troopers. 

Rex didn't know how to feel.

Rex turned back to lock eyes with Fives.

Fives was already staring at him.

Rex almost jumped. 

Fives grabbed Rex' wrists and dragged him to the center of the table. 

Rex felt like he was ascending. 

The light snapped off. 

Rex winced. He blinked, waiting for his eyes to adjust.

And when they did, he saw that Fives was still staring at him. Dead in the eyes. 

Fives had a death grip on his wrists. 

There was no escape for Rex.

Rex didn't know whether he should be terrified, amused, or... terrified.

Fives stomped his foot on the table too, joining in the tune. 

Boil and Tup stood behind Fives, each facing one side of the room. 

Rex didn't know whether he should be terrified or amused or... terrified... at how organized this was.

"What would we do with a drunken sailor?" Fives yelled out, to some sort of sloppy tune. As if he was waiting for something. As if that was a cue. 

At least a hundred other voices joined in, clapping and stomping still steady. "What would we do with a drunken sailor?" 

More voices, still, somehow. "What would we do with a drunken sailor, early in the morning?" 

Rex looked around in awe as they continued on with the next verse. His arms hung limply in Fives grasp now, and his vision had adjusted. He gazed around in the darkness, watching all his brothers stand still and emotionless. They all faced the table. Like droids. Like they were marching somewhere. 

Like. Droids. 

It was off-putting.

Until the light flashed back on and the solo part began. 

Now there was the character he'd witnessed from the hall.

The pace quickened to nearly a jumping sound. The men broke their formation. They began dancing around like psychopaths; spinning each other, waving their arms. Fives let go of his arms and started... singing. 

Rex would've laughed if he didn't think there would be consequences. 

Once Fives finished, the light turned off again. 

Rex chuckled in shock. 

Fives looked at him blankly again. 

When the light turned back on, he was thrown to the center of the table for all his brothers to see.

The chanting stopped and the pounding came to an abrupt halt. They looked at him expectantly.

"Uhhhh..." Then he sighed, rolled his eyes, and decided whatever. You only live once. 

He didn't know how long he'd been standing on the table, dancing and laughing and clapping and whatever else he was doing. He didn't know how many times they'd finished the song, changing and slurring the lyrics more and more with each repetition. He didn't know how much longer it would go on, either. Kriff, he didn't even know what it was if he was being honest. Literally the only thing he knew was that he would not be stopping anytime soon, because he really was having fun. 

Fun

Although, if you asked him, he'd say it was just a little bit.

Dank farrik, Fives had done it again.