FORTY FOUR

-Third Person's POV- (a week after the breakup)
(location: the sand village)

"Alright, we are here to discuss who you'll be marrying. We picked five different girls. On the front is a picture of each girl, and the backside is their profile." Baki handed him five different papers.

Gaara looked through all of them carefully. "So, which one do you pick?" Another council member asked. "I don't know. May I please have some time to decide?" Gaara asked.

He was a mess, he hadn't changed his clothes for a few days now. "No, you had a week to decide. You must decide now." The council member firmly said.

"Fine, How about this... Hana girl?" Gaara asked. "Oh, yes! I was hoping you'd pick her! She's one of the top female shinobi, now that Temari and Sayuri left-" A council member said, but Gaara cut him off.

"Can we not talk about... her? Please." Gaara said. "Y-Yes, sir." The council member said. "She has no family, but is one of our top shinobi. She became a Jonin at only 16 years old! That's pretty impressive!" Baki joined.

"Well, Sayuri became a Jonin at 14..." Gaara mumbled. "What was that, Kazekage?" The council member asked. Gaara looked up. "Oh, nothing." He said.

"Anyways, I will set up a meeting with Hana Miyoko!" The council member said. "Great, I look forward to it." Gaara sarcastically said.

-time skip- (Third Person's POV)

"Hello, may I come in?" A feminine voice knocked on the Kazekage's door. "Yeah sure." Gaara sighed. "Hey, be polite!" Baki whisper yelled at Gaara. He just rolled his eyes, as Hana entered the door.

"I will leave you two alone, you guys need to get to know each other. I made a get to know each other quiz for you." Baki left the room, closing the door.

"So, uh how's it like being Kazekage?" Hana asked. "Tiring." Gaara simply replied. "Let's look at this worksheet, so we can get this over with." Gaara said. "Okay." Hana replied awkwardly.

"So, uh... what's your favorite color?" Hana looked at the worksheet. "S-Silver." Gaara answered. "Odd." Hana mumbled.

"My favorite color is purple!" Hana said. "What do you do in your free time?" Hana asked. "I used to... we'll never mind." Gaara seemed interested, but then backed down.

"What? You can tell me." Hana laughed. "I used to hang out with a Leaf shinobi, Naruto Uzumaki and this other girl." Gaara answered.

"Who's the other girl?" Hana asked. "You know what, I don't think this is gonna work." Gaara got up. "W-What do you mean?" Hana nervously asked.

"I want you to leave my office, now." Gaara demanded. "Yes, Gaara." Hana got up. "It's Kazekage to you." Gaara said, as Hana scurried away.

Hana slammed the door shut, causing a painting to fall. "Ugh." Gaara flopped back in his chair.

-time skip- (Third Person's POV)

Gaara shortly left after that meeting with Hana. "Gaara! What happened with Hana?" Baki knocked on the Kazekage's door. "Gaara? Where are you?" Baki opened the door, to find no one there.

"Gaara? Oh my god! Where is he?" Baki searched the room. "Gaara, I need your help!" Kankuro walked in the room. "Baki?" Kankuro asked. "Hey, what are you doing here?" Kankuro asked.

"I can't find Gaara!" Baki freaked out. "Woah, chill out!" Kankuro said as Baki flew out of the room. "What's wrong with him?" Kankuro said to himself.

-Temari's POV-

I stayed in the Sand Village for a few more days, I don't know what to do for Gaara. I can't even find him! "Temari!! Do you know where Gaara is?" Kankuro entered the kitchen. "No!" I snapped. "What's with you?" Kankuro retaliated.

"Sorry, my day was stressful." I sighed. "Maybe check his room." Kankuro suggested. "But, wouldn't he be at his office?" I asked. "I don't know, I couldn't find him anywhere. Let's check together." Kankuro suggested.

"Okay." We walked to Gaara's room, and it was slightly cracked open. "Wait! Kankuro don't go in!" I tried stopping him. Kankuro quickly opened the door, and there Gaara was.

Laying in bed, with the covers over his head. "GAARA! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!" Kankuro took his covers off.

"Geez, Kankuro." Gaara tiredly said. "Kankuro, why did you do that?!" I punched him in the arm. "Ow! Chill." He grabbed his arm.

"Can you leave me alone, please?" Gaara asked. He wasn't even fighting with Kankuro, the break up obviously hit him hard. "No! Not until you tell us, why you aren't at the Kazekage office!" I demanded.

"I don't have to tell you." He pulled the covers back on. "Yes, as your older sister I deserve to know!" I said, taking the covers back. "It's nothing, just leave me alone." He rolled his eyes and left the room. "Wow... that's odd." Kankuro said after he left. "Wait! You can't go out in your pajamas!" I ran after Gaara.

-time skip- (Gaara's POV)

"Gaara, may I come in?" Matsuri's voice asked behind the door. I was now in my office, after Temari forced me to be here. "Come in." I rested my chin on my hands.

"I just wanna talk about, you know... I haven't seen you much for the past month." She said closing the door behind her.

"I've been busy." I said. "Well, I just wanted to know if we could t-train anytime soon?" She asked nervously.

"I don't think I can... here let me give you the name of a really good sensei." I started to write down the sensei. "N-No!" and I looked up confused.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to yell. I want you to train me." She explained. "I can't. I'm too busy." I said. "It's okay. I understand." She left. "Hey, Gaara!" Sayuri walked in my office.

"S-Sayuri? What are you doing here?!" I stood up. "What do you mean?" She asked, sitting down on my desk.

"We aren't really on speaking terms..." I said. "What do you mean? I would never ignore you! I love you!" She kissed me. I quickly lifted my head up, and realized I had been day dreaming.

"Mr. Kazekage?" Matsuri snapped her fingers. "Oh, sorry." I regained my posture. "I was wondering, if you... w-would consider going on a date with me?" She asked blushing. "No." I answered.

"W-What, why?" She seemed shocked. "Our relationship is professional. And also, I have a- never mind..." I said.

She left the room, and I could hear her crying. "What was that Gaara?" Kankuro asked. "I don't know, Matsuri asked me on a date." I shrugged.

"Maybe this is good, you should go on that date." Kankuro surprisingly said. "What?! No! She's not who I want, and also she's way younger than me!" I stood up.

"Well, you better do something before the council finds a new Kazekage." Kankuro left.

"Ugh, I forgot about that." I sighed.