FORTY TWO

-CHAPTER FORTY ONE-

"Oh, so no 'sensei' at the end of Kakashi? I'm surprised, you were always my favorite student. But, things have changed now that you're crazy!" Kakashi charged at Sasuke.

________

-Sayuri's POV-

"Dad! Gaara!" I gasped. Dad was handling Sasuke, when Gaara started to untie my hands and ankles. "Thank you." I quickly got up from the chair. "Give it up, it's over Sasuke." Dad held a kunai to Sasuke's throat.

"This isn't over!" Sasuke punched Dad in the stomach, and broke the glass window by running through it.

"He's finally gone." Dad sighed. "I thought I lost you." Gaara pulled me into a tight hug. "I love you so much, do you know that?" Gaara sobbed.

"I love you too." I started to tear up, as I cupped my hands around his cheeks. "We need to find the others immediately." I said, turning around to Dad.

"Yes." He said, and we all left the room. We quickly found Shizune and Grandma Tsunade.
"Oh, Sayuri! You're okay!" Grandma Tsunade hugged me.

"Lee, Tenten, Naruto, and Kankuro are waiting outside of the hospital. We just have to find out the others are." Shizune said, as she lead the way outside.

"Oh my god, you're okay!" Naruto jumped at me, as I came out of the hospital. Naruto hugged me so tight, I almost couldn't breathe. "Does anyone know where Kiba, Ino, Neji, Shikamaru, or Sakura's location?" Dad asked.

Everyone nodded no. "Okay, well you guys still need to check the alleys you were assigned." Grandma Tsunade said.

"Aw man..." and everyone sighed. "Come on, go do your assignments!" Grandma Tsunade shooed us.

-time skip-

"You guys done?" Kiba asked, as everyone gathered up again. "Yeah, let's get back to the Leaf." Neji answered.

We made it back to the Leaf Village, with only 4 of Orochimaru's goons. Our team didn't get any of the goons, but it's fine.

"Come in." Grandma Tsunade said as Naruto knocked on the door. We all made it back safe. "How did the mission go? The part where you you looked in the alleys..." Grandma Tsunade asked.

"Yes. The mission went well. We captured 4 of Orochimaru's goons. Here..." Neji pushed the tied up ninjas in front of Grandma Tsunade. "I'll get an Anbu to lock them up, and I'll interrogate them later." She said.

Each team had to give a report on the mission, until we got to leave. "Okay, it all checks out. Everyone is dismissed." Grandma Tsunade said.

We all left the Hokage tower, shortly afterwards. "Man, that mission was such a drag." Shikamaru sighed.

-time skip-

"I'm getting hungry, are you?" Gaara asked me. "Yeah, I could eat." I shrugged. We found a barbecue place to eat, and entered the restaurant. "Hi, how many people today?" A waiter asked. "Two, please." Gaara said.

"Follow me." The waiter lead the way. "Thank you." as we both sat down at a booth. "Here's some menus, and I'll give you two some time to think about what you want." The waiter left.

"We should order a bunch of appetizers, and share them." I spontaneously suggested. "That sounds fun." Gaara put his menu down. "Hey guys, do you know what you want to order?" The waiter came back.

"Yes, can we get..." and we ordered lots of appetizers. "Okay, that'll be out in a moment." The waiter took our menus. "So-" Gaara started, but got cut off by a loud Naruto, and Sakura. "Hey guys! Whatcha doin here?!" Naruto invited himself over.

"Uh-"

"So, what did you guys order?" Sakura sat down next to me. "Um, just some appetizers. We didn't expect you guys to come." I tried hinting for them to leave. "Oh, shall I get two more water cups?" The waiter set down our food.

"Yes please." Sakura said. In a way, she was flirting with him. "Ugh, Grandma Tsunade finally gave me a break after giving me mission after mission." Naruto sighed.

"Shut up, Naruto! Don't talk about her like that!" Sakura got up, and punched Naruto from her seat. "But I kind of agree with you, Lady Tsunade has been giving me grunt work lately." Sakura sighed.

"Today was fun." Gaara smiled. "Woah, I've never seen Gaara smile before!" Naruto looked amazed. "Naruto!" Sakura raged.

"Here are your waters." The waiter came back. "Oh- hi!" Sakura had hearts in her eyes.

Naruto slumped at the sight. I looked at Gaara and just shrugged. We started to eat our food, and surprisingly have a good time... Even though Naruto, and Sakura interrupted our date.

An Anbu Black Opps showed up to the restaurant, I was the first one to notice. "Guys. Look." I tilted my head to the Anbu.

"There's an Anbu here? What's going on? They only have their masks on when they're on a mission." Sakura whispered.

"That's strange... Maybe we should get out of here." Gaara said with worry in his voice. "Never mind, the guy is just here to order food. And flirt with the waitress." Sakura sounded disgusted, but just a moment ago she was flirting with the waiter.

"He looks familiar." Naruto said. "Hey, stop staring at me kid!" The Anbu looked at Naruto. We were all embarrassed, that he noticed us staring at him.

-time skip- (the next morning)

"I'll see you soon." Gaara said. "Have a safe trip." I said, as I quickly kissed him. "I love you." He said. "I love you too." I blew a kiss, and I walked away.

As I was walking back home, Guy-sensei was near. I covered my face, so he wouldn't notice me.

"Ah, Sayuri! What a pleasure to see you, on this nice day!" And he walked toward me. "I always love to see my rival's daughter!" He said with a giant grin.

"Nice to see you too." I said quickly walking away. He followed me shortly, and caught up with me. "Would you mind doing a competition with me?!" Guy-sensei asked. "Sorry, what. I didn't hear you." I pretended not to hear him.

"WHY DO YOU AND KAKASHI ALWAYS HAVE TO ACT SOOO COOL?!" He anime fell. "Anyways, I have a really important mission I have to do. See ya!" I ran off. "Wait- PLEASE WILL YOU?!" His voice faded away as I ran back home.

I got back home, and opened the door. I felt a presence behind me, it was Dad. "Ahh!" I screamed. I caught my breath, and entered the door.

"Why are you screaming?" He asked with peace and calm in his voice.

"You were following me for who knows how long!" I said. "I just got here. Anyways, why are you so jumpy?" He explained.

"Guy-sensei keeps offering to compete against me." I sighed. "Just ignore him, when he does that." He sat down on the couch.