NINETEEN

A/N: skipping to part where they come up with a password because I'm lazy 😍
_________

-Sayuri's POV-

The rain ninja chickened out and ran away from the fight. "What just happened proves that we can't trust appearances. We need a password." Sasuke said. "What kind of password?" Naruto asked.

"A secret one. Something that only the three of us would know. And don't trust anyone who doesn't know it. No matter what. Okay, listen closely because I'm only saying it once. Question will be; when does a ninja strike? And the answer is; A ninja waits until the time is right. When the enemy sleeps and drops his guard. That is a moment for a ninja to strike. Got it?" Sasuke said.

"Understood." I said. "Got it." Sakura replied. "Uh- can you do one a little shorter?" Naruto asked. "No." Sasuke simply replied. "Really? Couldn't you memorize it?! I memorized easily!" Sakura complained.

"Yeah no worries, I just thought it was gonna be a password not a passspeech." Naruto tried to save himself. "Okay, I'm gonna carry the scroll from now on." Sasuke got up. "Wait- Sasuke!" Naruto said. "Ow-!"

"What's wrong Naruto?" I asked. I noticed a needle cut his cheek. Suddenly the direction it came from, blew wind towards us. "What is it now?!" Sasuke shouted over the wind.

"Alright, you two fan out into the woods and keep your eyes open. I'll handle these brats alone." Sasuke and I were hiding under a bush. The lady who said that, was the same creepy tongue lady from earlier.

"Sasuke! What was that?-" Sakura came running over. "Stay back! First, answer the question. When does a ninja strike?" Sasuke pulled out his kunai.

"A ninja waits until the time is right, when the enemy sleeps and drops his guard. That is a moment for a ninja to strike." Sakura answered perfectly.

"Good." Sasuke lowered his kunai a bit. "Hey what about Sayuri?" Sakura out her hand on her hip. "I've been with her. She's fine." Sasuke said. Suddenly Naruto came over. "Guys! What was that?" Naruto stumbled over. "Wait!" Sakura stopped him.

"What's the password?" Sakura asked. "Oh yeah! I got it. A ninja waits until the time is right, when the enemy sleeps and drops his guard. That is a moment for a ninja to strike." Naruto said perfectly. Wait a minute. Naruto said that perfectly... This definitely is an enemy ninja.

Sakura sighed in relief. "Ah!" 'Naruto' dodged the kunai Sasuke threw at him. The enemy ninja ended up falling onto the ground.

"What was that?! You could've killed me!" the enemy ninja said. "Yeah, that's the whole point. Naruto, or should I say fake Naruto?" I pulled out a kunai.

"I gotta admit, you're quicker than the last one." Sasuke said. "What're you talking about Sasuke?! He said the password perfectly!" Sakura asked.

"That's the thing. He answered it perfectly. Do you really think Naruto can remember a password like that for so long? And do you think he could get it word for word?" Sasuke explained.

"Not the Naruto I know, not in a million years. You'd have a better time teaching it to a rodent." Sasuke said. "You're- kinda right." Sakura agreed with him.

"Besides, you saw the way he dodged my atttack. It was clearly not a Naruto move. Alright, show yourself. We know you're not Naruto." Sasuke said.

After a moment, the enemy ninja grinned the creepiest of grins ever known. They licked their lips, and I saw that tongue again. The creepy lady with a giant tongue. "Aren't we the clever one?" The lady said unmasking her voice.

The lady made a huge explosion, while just transforming out of her Naruto transformation. "Tell me, if your teammate is really that dumb why did you come up with a password he'd never remember?" The lady was finally in her normal body.

"You see, it wasn't mean for Naruto. It was for anybody near by trying to eaves drop on us. It was mean as a trap and you fell right into it." Sasuke stated. "I'm very impressed. You haven't seemed to drop your guard have you? This will be very entertaining." The lady licked her lips.

-time skip-

"Well, when this is over... one of us will have both scrolls. And the other will be... dead." And the lady opened her eye and showed us what would happen afterwards. It was so... graphic. This lady- there's something special about her.

I could tell the others were more shaken up than I was, that's for sure. Sasuke started vomiting. "S-Sakura? Sayuri?" I looked back at him, and then I looked at Sakura. She was a mess. She wasn't even answering back. She was crying. "Are you okay? Sakura?" I tried shaking her but it didn't work.

"Hah. You're paralyzed with fear." The lady laughed. I managed to stand up, and so did Sasuke. I started moving more and more by the second. But Sasuke stood still. "Don't worry, it'll be very quick, and messy." The lady smirked.

She was laughing, and walking towards us as she pulled out two kunais and threw it at us. But before I could do anything, Sasuke stabbed his leg with his own kunai and grabbed Sakura and I as he jumped out of the way.

"T-That- what was that?" I stammered out. "Sasuke. Are you okay?!" Sakura said as we landed on a new tree branch. "I-I'm fine." he said as he pulled out the kunai.

"That wound is deep- are you sure your okay-" and suddenly Sasuke put his hand over her mouth to keep her quiet.

It suddenly got darker, as something came next to us. It was a snake! A giant snake! Sakura was trying to tell Sasuke, but his hand was almost glued on there.

"Sasuke! Look before something happens!" I warned him. "Huh?!" He said as he turned around, seeing the snake.

We all jumped out of the way. as the snake bit the branch. The snake charged at Sasuke, but suddenly it fell down. It was so quick, I couldn't even see what made it fall.

I was with Sasuke, when we were watching something arising from the dead snake.
It was that lady again! "I sense your fear and desperation." the lady said as she was still coming out of that snake.

"It's only natural. A prey must never let down their guard. Not even for a moment, in the presence of its predator." the lady was all slimy from the snake guts.

The lady came up, and quickly started wrapping around the tree near me and Sasuke. Sasuke screamed in fear, as the lady was very close to us. But suddenly kunais and shurikens fell onto the tree branch, blocking her from slithering any farther.

____________

A/N: bruh this took me like days to finish one chapter bc i've been so busy 😭
anyways enjoy late night posts 😜