FIFTEEN

-Sayuri's POV-

Kabuto went on about how we should keep quiet and stay out of everyone's way, because everyone is tense around the exam times. We saw rain ninja giving us 'intimidating' looks. I held my laugh in at them.
I still had my poker face on, so they wouldn't tell that I'm just a tiny little bit scared of them.

"Yeah, I remember when I was a rookie a while back, just like you guys." Kabuto admitted. "Kabuto... is that your name?" Sakura asked.

He nodded in response. "I'm guessing this isn't your first time taking the exams." Sakura assumed. "Correct. This is my seventh time." Kabuto admitted and we all gasped.

He can't be here for the Chunin exams! He doesn't even go to school. He just follows Orochimaru's orders and that's it.

"They're held twice a year, so this will be my fourth year." Kabuto clarified. "Wow, a veteran. You must really be an expert by now." Sakura complimented him, at least I think she did. "Well I mean, sort of." Kabuto replied.

"Cool! You can give us all of the inside tips!" Naruto said. "Yeah, some expert. He's never passed." Shikamaru pointed out. "Well, seventh time's the charm. That's what they say, right?" Kabuto shrugged.

"So I guess all the rumors about the exam being tough are true... Oh man, I knew this was gonna be a drag." Shikamaru sighed in annoyance.

"Hold your horses. Maybe I can help you guys out a little. With my Ninja Info Cards." Kabuto pulled out orange cards out of his pocket. "What the hell are those?" Sakura asked.

"It's hard to explain, but these cards have been chakra encoded with everything I've learned over the past four years. I have more than 200 of them. So you see, I haven't been completely wasting my time. They might not look like much to the naked eye. In fact, they appear blank. I don't want just anyone seeing this stuff." He showed us the cards.

"What are you doing?" Sakura asked him. "You see, I'm using my chakra to reveal their secrets. Like this, for example." and then Kabuto span the card and it poofed, and right after a map appeared on the card. "Awesome, a map!" Sakura said.

"This shows the geographical distribution of all the candidates who have come to take the Chunin exam. What village they come from, and how many from each village. Why do you guys think they all come here to take the exam together, at the same time?" Kabuto explained.

"Do those cards of yours have any info on the other candidates, individually?" Sasuke asked. "They might. You have someone specific in mind?" Kabuto glared at him. "I might." Sasuke glared back at him.

"I cant promise my information is complete or perfect, but I've got something on just about everyone, including you guys, of course. So which one is it?" Kabuto smirked evilly.

"He's Gaara of the desert. And there's Rock Lee of the Leaf village while you're at it." Sasuke said. It's a little suspicious that Kabuto comes here, but also with cards of every candidates taking the Chunin exam? Something evil has gotta be in the works right now.

"Ah, here they are." Kabuto pulled out two cards. "Show 'em to me." Sasuke replied. Naruto started looking at Sasuke confused, but then a few seconds later he crossed his arms and nodded. "So, first up is Rock Lee." Kabuto uncovered the card and it revealed Lee's info!

"Looks like he's about a year older than you guys. Mission experience; eleven C ranks and twenty D ranks. His squad leader is Guy. In the last twelve months, his taijutsu had radically improved, but his other skills are pretty shaky. Last year, he got a lot of attention as a Genin but for some reason, he chose not to participate in the Chunin exam." Kabuto read the card.

"This will be his first time as a candidate, same as you guys. His teammates are Tenten and Neji Hyuga." He continued. "Alright, now for Gaara of the desert. Mission experience; right C ranks, and- Get this. One B rank as a Genin. There's not a lot of information on this guy." He was a rookie from another land, originally, but there is this. He survived every mission n without getting a scratch oh him." Kabuto fixed his glasses.

Wow. Not a single scratch? That's impossible. How?! "The dude's done a B rank as a Genin, and has never been injured?" Shikamaru looked shocked. "What's up with this guy?!" Naruto looked stressed.

Naruto started to look worried and scared, and then he put his head down. "Hey, don't worry Naruto. I'm sure we'll be-" I tried to comfort him.

"Ahh! My name's Naruto Uzumaki, and I'm gonna beat every one of you!" Naruto cut off Sakura, and pointed his finger at the other candidates.

"Hey! What is this idiot trying to do? Get us killed?!" Ino screamed in Sakura's ear. Sakura had blue lines on her forehead, and looked disappointed in him. "Hey! Tell your boyfriend to keep his big mouth shut!" Ino screamed in Sakura's ear.

"Whose boyfriend?!" Sakura balled up her fist at Ino and screamed back. "Oh, that's right. You can't even get one!" Ino retorted. "What'd you say?!" Sakura and Ino were going back and forth. "Wow! I feel a lot better now." Naruto couldn't clearly read the room.

I felt eyes on me, or should I say the rookies and I. Everyone was staring at us. I felt so embarrassed. Especially when I saw the sand siblings looking at me and my team. God they can be so embarrassing sometimes.

"Naruto you jackass! Why'd you have to say something dumb like that! You little obnoxious- OH, hi everyone. Don't mind this guy right here. Sometimes he says these weird things, but he doesn't really mean them." Sakura nervously lied.

Out of nowhere Sakura got Naruto in a headlock, and tried to dissolve the tension between the candidates, and Naruto's big mouth.

Suddenly when everyone was distracted by Sakura yelling at Naruto, a sound ninja started speeding past everyone.

He aimed at Kabuto. He threw two kunais at him, but Kabuto dodged. The ninja started throwing punches, but once again Kabuto dodged them.

Kabuto's glasses shattered after a few seconds. He started holding his stomach like he was going to be sick, and then he was on the floor vomiting.

"Kabuto! Are you okay?" Naruto and Sakura went up to him to comfort him. "Shikamaru, don't trust Kabuto." I whispered in his ear. "Huh? Why?!"

"I can't tell you now, but just be careful around him." I whispered back. "Haha, not such a tough guy after all. Maybe that's why this is his seventh try." The sound ninja teased him.

"Hey write this on your card, you little punk. The Genin from the sound village will be Chunin by the time this exam is over." Another sound ninja spit at Kabuto.

I could tell Naruto and Sakura really trusted Kabuto, because they got really mad at the ninja's insult. There was a few moments of awkward silence between the whole room until someone poofed up.

"Alright you little worms listen up! Is time to begin the exam. I'm Ibiki Morino, your proctor. And from this moment, your worst enemy." Ibiki said.

______
A/N: hi! i will probably be updating at night from now on because of school:/ but sorry for the long awaited chapter <3