FIVE

-Sayuri's POV-

We're escorting Tazuna, and every five seconds I can smell him drinking or smoking. It's really annoying. As we're walking, I notice a few puddles when it hasn't rained in days. "Dad!" I whisper slowing down so I can talk to him.

"Did you notice-" And he nodded before I could finish my sentence. "Don't be scared for what happens next." Dad warned. What is he talking about? It's he going to do something scary?

"Okay dad." I whisper. Next thing you know two people come out of the puddles. "Team 7! Protect Tazuna!" Dad yelled as he was chained up and slashed by the chains. "Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto and Sakura gasped.

We all got in position to guard the bridge builder. Naruto was as frozen as a statue, and the ninja charged at him. Before they could I threw a shuriken, for it to only miss. Sasuke pulled out two kunais and started fighting them. "Shadow Clone Jutsu!" I said and made the hand sign.

A clone of me appeared and a went after one of them. I was mid air when the guy I was going to fight threw a shuriken at the clone, made it poof away. Sasuke stood in front of Sakura, who was in front of the bridge builder holding a kunai.

Just then Dad caught the two ninja and strangled them until they either passed out or died from lack of oyxgen. There was a trunk cut in pieces on the floor where dad was supposed to be.

Sakura gasped, Sasuke had an annoyed look on his face, Naruto was still frozen, and I was a few steps behind dad where I was gonna fight the ninja. "Sorry Naruto, I would've helped you I just didn't think you'd freeze up like that."

"Well we should get going now, cmon." Dad said walking ahead. "Good job Sasuke, you were very smooth. And you too Sakura." He said. There was a little silence, until Sakura, Dad, and Tazuna started walking.

Not once did Dad congratulate me, I did more than Sakura! But no, he didn't acknowledge me. "Hey. You're not scared are you? Scaredy-cat." Sasuke teased Naruto. "Sasuke!!" Naruto yelled and started balling up his fists.

"Naruto! Stay still, these ninja have poison in their needles and we need to take it out quickly. You have to open the wound and remove it, it's in your blood so please don't move. Moving spreads the poison." Dad warned Naruto.

"By the way, Mr. Tazuna?" Dad asked.

"Yeah what is it?" Tazuna replied in a little bit of a better move.

"We need to talk." Dad said in a serious tone.

-time skip-

Dad tied the two ninja up to a tree so they wouldn't escape. "They're chunin from the village hidden in the mist, their specialties are relentless attack. They keep fighting no matter what the sacrifice."

"How did you know about our ambush?" One of the ninja spoke. "You guys were in a puddle on a clear day, when it hasn't rained in weeks." Dad answered them. The ninja visibly rolled their eyes.

"So if you knew, why did you leave it to the genin to fight?" Tazuna asked. "I could have taken them out quickly, but then I'd have learned nothing. I had to know who their target was and what they were after." Dad shot a glare at Tazuna.

-time skip-

"Here are your plates!" Tsunami said.

"Thank you for letting us stay again." I say politely. I noticed dad was glaring at Tazuna again so I punched him in the arm.

"Ow-!" I smirked as he held his arm. He rolled his eyes at me. "You're so immature for a dad you know?" I whispered.

"Can we eat already?!" Naruto yelled in my ear. "Naruto you can't just do that to people!" Sakura bonked him on the head.

"Guys, Tazuna and his family invited us to their home, please behave." Dad said in a stern tone. "Yes Kakashi-sensei..." Sakura looked down.

Naruto and Sasuke finished their plates right at the same time. "I want more!" They both quickly stood up. They growled at each other.

As they sat down glaring at each other a little boy came into the room. "Grandpa!" The boy ran to Tazuna.

"Hey, Inari! Where have you been? Your mom has been worried." Tazuna kneeled down to his level.

"It's not important, who are those guys?" Inari asked suspicious of us.

"They are guests I invited. They are also strong ninja that are guarding me, until I finish the bridge." Tazuna explained to him.

"Excuse me if you don't mind me asking, why is that part of the picture teared out?" Sakura asked. It was so oblivious, you can't just ask someone that...

Inari looked where to she was pointing at, and started tearing up. Tsunami came into the dining room right then. "He was once a hero in our village-" Tazuna started explaining.

"No! There's no such things as heroes!" Inari yelled at him. "Hey, you kid!" Naruto got up from his seat. Sasuke, Sakura, and I all gasped and dad just sighed and put his head down.

"There are such things as heroes! And I am one! I'm gonna be Hokage one day, just you wait!" and at his words Inari started balling his eyes out.

"Naruto! How dare you! He's only a child!!" Sakura scolded him. "Dad you know you can't talk like that in front of Inari!" Tsunami ran after Inari who left the room.

-time skip-

Tazuna told us the story about Inari's dad, and man I haven't held back tears in a while. "A ninja must never show emotion Sayuri." Dad scolded me.

"Whatever." I mumbled. "You know I can hear you right?" Dad said.

-time skip-

"Alright Team 7, I'm gonna teach you how to climb a tree-"

"Climbing a tree?! This is gonna be so easy!" Naruto sprinted up a tree and ended up falling.
I caught him right before he could hit the ground. "If you keep acting like this, you're gonna have so many concussions and bruises Naruto!" I scolded him.

"Yeah thanks, mom." He said sarcastically. "Anyways, I mean climbing trees with chakra. And you can only use your feet." Dad explained.

"Ohhhh yeah!! Catra! That's easy!" Sakura bonked him on the head. "It's pronounced 'chakra' you idiot." Sasuke said.

"Is it like this?" Sakura was walking on the side of the tree and almost at the top. "Yes, exactly." Dad looked her way. "Good job Sakura, you can wait for the boys and Sayuri and I'll come join you soon." Dad announced to all of us.

"Here are kunais, you mark the tree the higher you get. Got it?" And we all nodded our heads. He walked over to Sakura, and I could see him pull out his pervy book. I also noticed Sakura was also reading his book, and turned as red as a tomato.

-time skip-

Naruto and Sasuke finally climbed the tree using chakra after hours. "FINALLY WE CAN GO HOME!" I yelled at both of them startling Sakura, and Dad.