TWENTY SEVEN

-CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN-
I wonder where they're going. "Hey, Sakura!" Naruto said. "Hm?" Sakura turned her attention to him. "Did you notice any weird marks on Sasuke's neck?" Naruto asked.

________

-Sayuri's POV-

Dad finally appeared, right when the next two names were chosen. It was me, vs. Kai Kyoto. "Oh hey, it's time for Sayuri's match." Dad noticed. "Yeah, but what about Sasuke?! Is he okay?!" Sakura shouted in his face.

"Yeah yeah, he's okay in the infirmary... being guarded by multiple Anbu Black Opps." Dad said in a dark voice. It kind of gave me the chills.

"Well, you should probably get down there before they cancel your match." Dad insisted. "Good luck, champ." Dad patted my back. "Thanks." I waved as I walked down the stairs.

As I walked down the stairs, I saw my opponent. I haven't ever seen her before, not even in the Chunin exam. I finally got to the fighting area, and the girl was a Sound Village ninja.

She was probably on Yoroi's team. She was another fourth member of a squad. "Begin!" The proctor stepped back. She immediately charged at me with a kunai.

I dodged it, by jumping in the air. I made the hand signs for Chidori, and in a blink of an eye I jumped behind her. I hit her back with the lightning, causing her to wince in pain.

"Oh- I'm not done! Get up!" I snapped at her. She made hand signs, for a Jutsu I wasn't familiar with. There were chakra strings coming from her finger tips, oh shoot.

She's trying to control my body. I made the hand signs for The Phoenix Flower Jutsu. "Fire Style: Phoenix Flower Jutsu!" I threw shurikens in the fire I shot.

I covered them when I threw them so she wouldn't see them. "A little fire isn't gonna stop me." She said with cockiness in her voice.
The face the she made when she realized, was priceless.

"Ugh!" She yelled as the shurikens scratched her body. The cuts were so deep, that the blood started dripping down her body. She slipped on her own blood.

She fell flat on her face, I flashed over there and I stuck a kunai in her back. "You little- Argh!" she tried to get up, and just coughed up blood.

I stepped on her, it was quite sad. She was definitely weaker than the Leaf rookies. "Get off me!" She whined. "Okay, okay! Match is over. Step away!" The proctor scolded me.

"I declare the winner of this match, Sayuri Hatake." The proctor said. "Yes." I quietly mumbled. I shoved my hands in my pockets, and walked back over to my team.

-Third Person's POV-

"I'm getting tired of you guys. I'm going to the side, across from us." Gaara sighed.

"Oh, actually I kinda wanna go over there too. There's this super hot chick-" Kankuro stopped talking, when Gaara sent him a deathly glare.

"O-Or I'll just stay here, with Temari." Kankuro stuttered in fear. Gaara walked down the stairs, and walked up the stairs for the level across from Temari, and Kankuro.

No one exactly knows what Gaara really thinks about, but he definitely knew what he was doing when he moved to the other side.

-Sayuri's POV-

Gaara walked up to me, and tapped my shoulder. I could tell Dad was side-eyeing him, because he may or may not know about my little 'crush' for Gaara. "Hey." Gaara said.

"Hi." I replied back. "You did a great job, back there." Gaara leaned on the railing. "Thanks, I mean it wasn't really much. The girl didn't even fight back." I chuckled.

"So, you're Kakashi Hatake's daughter?" He asked. "Yup, that's all everyone talks about. Just the fact that I'm his daughter." I sighed a little. I could feel eyes on me, so I made a move. "Be right back." I smiled and went over to Naruto.

"Hey Naruto." I whispered. "Oh yeah, Sayuri?" He asked enthusiastically. "Can you annoy my dad for a little bit? Just until I say so?" I asked him. "Sure!" He said. I was a bit surprised when he agreed. But I'm not going to take it back.

I walked back over to Gaara, as I heard Naruto loudly bothering my dad. Thank you, Naruto. "Hey, should we talk over here?" I asked, and he moved farther closer to the stairs.

"You and I should fight one day." Gaara suggested. "Yeah right, as if I'd ever even be in your league." I flexed my muscles as a joke. "You know, I could fight you right now." Gaara cockily said. "You'd be too scared." I teased him.

"No, I wouldn't." He chuckled and crossed his arms. "Yes, you would be!" I gave him a playful punch to the arm. He just started laughing, causing me to laugh.

And we just laughed for a while, soaking in the moment. "Oh um..." Gaara whispered. "I-I think your dad is storming over here." He gulped.

I turned around, and sure enough he was. His eyes were full of anger, but not scary anger. It looked like he was angry, but a 'I can't stop laughing because of this guy's facial expression' anger.

He kind of looked like this, but with veins popping out of his forehead;

"Oh, never mind. Sakura and Naruto are holding him back." We both chuckled. "I was scared for a second there." He said.

"What? Gaara is scared? No way!" I teased him. "Shut up." He laughed. "You're funny, Sayuri." He smiled.

"Thanks." I smiled back. "You're welcome..." He said, and there was a bit of silence. "Would you maybe wanna... like I don't know-" Gaara started, but the Proctor cut him off.

"Gaara vs. Rock Lee! Please come down, I've been calling your names for a while now." The proctor shouted. "I should go now." He sighed. He turned around, and started to walk away.

"Hey!" I said, catching his attention. "Good luck." I said playfully punching him in the arm. "Thanks, Hatake." he smiled back.

I felt my heart racing, and weird feelings in my stomach, as Gaara walked down the stairs. Is this what butterflies in my stomach feel like? I sighed, as Dad grabbed me by the arm.

"Are you serious?!" He raged a little. "What do you mean?" I asked. I'm guessing he's gonna say something like; "flirting with Gaara" or something to do with me not being able to date boys.

"You're supposed to be watching the match with us! Also, you asked Naruto to annoy me?!" He asked. "Oh. Yeah, I forgot about that." I smiled guiltily.

"Wait, so you don't care if I date someone?" I asked. "No, I just don't want you to have-" and I already knew what he was going to say.