TWENTY SIX

-Sayuri's POV-

I kinda disagree with the fact that the preliminary starts now, but I can't change it. "Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention... the winners will be chosen by one-on-one combat by sudden death. So like I said, if anyone doesn't feel up to it now's the time to raise your hand." The proctor repeated for like the hundredth time.

I was right behind Sasuke, when he suddenly grabbed his neck area. Oh crap, it's that curse mark. "Are you okay?-" I asked, and Sakura cut me off. I guess she noticed it too.

"Sasuke. Listen to me. You have got to quit! You've been like this ever since you encountered Orochimaru! And it's getting worse." Sakura said, and Sasuke just grit his teeth. "It's that mark he put on you, isn't it?" She asked.

"I knew this would come. What do we do with him?" Lord Hokage spoke with the proctors. "Take him out of the exams, give him to Black OPPS and then make sure they keep him locked up." Anko said a little too loudly.

"We have to keep that seal under control-" and Dad interrupted her. "Oh, and he's just going to quietly go along with all of this right? You're really forgetting, he's of the Uchiha clan." Dad argued.

"I don't care what the hell he is! If he stays he's a danger to everyone!" Anko raised her voice. "Don't you see?! As he gets stronger, so does the curse mark! The thing is feeding off his chakra! It's a Jutsu that devours the one who bears it!" Anko argued back.

"It's incredible the kid's still standing. By now, h-he should be dead." Anko said with sadness in her voice. "Lord Hokage!" She said getting back to her normal voice.

"Come on Sasuke! You and I both know you can't fight in a condition like this!" Sakura said, while I focused my attention back to them. "Shut up Sakura!" Sasuke snapped. "Do you think I'm blind or something?!" Sakura raised her voice.

"Will you please be quiet?" Sasuke tried to shut her up. "You don't think I see the suffering you're going through?!" Sakura tried to convince him to quit.

I don't think it would be a good idea to anger Sasuke, with his curse mark and stuff. "Just don't-" Sakura continued as Kabuto raised his hand...

Everyone gasped, why would Kabuto raise his hand if he said it was his seventh time taking the exam? The first 6 times must have been him failing, but I don't know about this one.

"I'm out." Kabuto said smiling. Seriously? Who smiles after quitting something? That's straight up psycho man.

"Kabuto Yakushu of the Leaf Village, correct? Okay, you can go ahead and leave." The proctor said, and Kabuto started walking away.

"Kabuto! You can't quit!" Naruto raged. "I don't get this! What's going on?" Naruto asked.

"Sorry, Naruto. I just can't go on. I'm tired, and I didn't get a break. The truth is, ever since I've had that encounter with the sound village team... I hadn't had any hearing in my left ear." Kabuto explained.

-time skip-

"Now, the projecter will randomly choose the first two candidates." The proctor said. I read the screen, and it said Sasuke Uchiha vs. Yoroi Akado.

"Sasuke Uchiha, and Yoroi Akado. Are there any objections?" The proctor asked with a weak voice.

"No." They both quickly said. There was lots of tension between the two, until the proctor dismissed everyone to the upper area. We all walked up the stairs, and I noticed Dad wasn't up here. I kept looking around, until I spotted him.

He was talking to Sasuke, on the below level. After that, Dad walked up the stairs and came over to Naruto, Sakura, and I.

"Hey, Dad." I gave him a side hug. "Hi, good job on passing the second exam. I'm so proud of you." He kissed my forehead.

"Yeah, now I just have to pass the next one." I mumbled and sighed. "You'll do good, I know it." Dad smiled at me, and then turned his attention to the ground.

"Begin!" The proctor said stepping away. Sasuke pulled out a kunai, for Yoroi to send three shurikens his way. Sasuke dodged them, with his kunai. Sasuke ducked, as Yoroi sent more shurikens.

Yoroi took this as an opportunity, he charged at Sasuke. He tried punching Sasuke's arm, but he got away just in time.

As he was in the air, Sasuke kicked Yoroi's legs making him fall on Sasuke. Sasuke got Yoroi in a position where he couldn't move.

"Hey! He got him!" Naruto cheered. They didn't move, until Yoroi touched Sasuke with some different visible power. Yoroi couldn't get up, be he could move his arms and legs.

Yoroi slammed Sasuke's torso with his arm. "Ah!" Sasuke shouted in agony. "Holy shit! He's draining his chakra!" I just came to a realization.

"Good eye, but don't use such foul language next time Sayuri." Dad lightly punched me in the arm. I just scoffed, and rolled my eyes.

-time skip-

Sasuke was totally winning, he really beat up Yoroi. Although, at the end they were both lying limp on the floor.

The proctor went over to Yoroi, and checked him out. Sasuke sat up, when the proctor announced Sasuke the winner. "The winner of this preliminary round, is Sasuke Uchiha. Sasuke Uchiha, advances to the finals." The proctor announced.

"Yes!" Naruto shouted out. Sasuke was about to fall, when a poof appeared behind him. It was dad. He also brought his book. Typical.

He seriously is reading his book right now? During his student's battle. I really hope he puts his book down when my match comes.

"Sasuke! You won, but in such an un-cool way! You came out looking like you were the one, that got beat up!" Naruto laughed.

"Give me a break, you little- Oh whatever." Sasuke replied back. Sasuke was looking at our team, and then he turned his attention to the area right next to me. I turned around to see who it was, and it was Lee.

"Good job!" I shouted, and he smiled at me. A genuine smile, wow that's surprising coming from Sasuke. He was strong, he literally just beat Yoroi with such drained chakra!

Across the second level, Ino was squealing about how 'she knew Sasuke would win'. Honestly, I don't even think she has a chance with Sasuke. I even think Sakura, has a better chance with Sasuke than Ino.

When Yoroi was being taken away, I looked over at his last teammate. A few feet away, an unfamiliar Jonin stood.

He looked so familiar at the same time, and then he creepily licked his lips as Yoroi was being taken away on a stretcher. I looked a little closer, and his tongue looked exactly like Orochimaru's.

I mean, no it's not him. He doesn't even look like Orochimaru. It's just a coincidence. Right?
One of the medics went over to Dad, and Sasuke. He was talking to them, until suddenly he angrily stormed away.

Dad whispered something to Sasuke. I couldn't hear what, but Sasuke looked a little mad. They then started walking outside of the building.

I wonder where they're going. "Hey, Sakura!" Naruto said. "Hm?" Sakura turned her attention to him. "Did you notice any weird marks on Sasuke's neck?" Naruto asked.