FOURTEEN

-Sayuri's POV-

"Glad you came Sakura, for your sake and the others." Dad greeted us when we were headed to the exam room. "What?" Even I was confused. "Now, you can all formally register for the Chunin exam." He continued.

"Why? What do you mean?" Sakura asked. "You see, only groups of three are allowed to apply for and take the exam. That's the way it's always been. But since there is one extra genin on our squad, they are allowing you four to take the exam." Dad explained.

"But Kakashi-sensei, you said the decision to take the Chunin exam was up to each person." Sakura pointed out. "That's right. I did tell you." He agreed.

"Was that a lie?" Sakura questioned. "No, I wouldn't lie to any of you. It is an individual decision but it affects all of you. I didn't mention it before, because I didn't want the others pressuring you. But at the same time, I didn't want you feeling obliged to participate, because of any feelings you might have for Sasuke, Sayuri, or Naruto." Dad explained to all of us.

"Hold on a second. Do you mean if the others had shown but I decided not to go with them-" Sakura asked.

"It would've been the end of the line. If you didn't come along, I couldn't have let the others in. But, you're all here for the right reasons so that's all that matters. Sayuri, Sakura, Naruto, and Sasuke. I'm proud of you. I couldn't have asked for a better team, good luck guys." Dad gave a closed eye smile at the end of his scary explanation.

"Bye dad, love you." I gave him a hug. "I love you too, good luck! You can do it!" He encouraged me. "We won't let you down sensei! Believe it!" Naruto said to Dad and we all walked into the exam room.

"W-Whats all this?" Naruto was shocked. "Looks like we're not alone." Sakura had a look of fear on her face. I admit there was some scary looking ninja here. Most of them looked like they were all blood thirsty.

"Wow, I d-didn't know there was gonna be this much competition." Sakura said. "Sasuke, where have you been?!" Ino added herself into the conversation.

For some odd reason, when she jumped onto Sasuke I felt a bit jealous...
"Boy, you have no idea how much I was hoping you'd show up here. I missed those brooding good looks of yours." Ino desperately admitted.

"Ino, Sasuke obviously doesn't like you so just leave him alone..." I said quietly. "No one wants your opinion Hatake!" Ino snapped back. I rolled my eyes at her sentence. Is that really the best comeback she can come up with?

"Hey, you porker! Back off! He's mine!" Sakura raged at Ino. "Oh miss forehead? They let you in? I see you still got those big lines on your billboard brow." Ino retorted.

"Hey you leave my forehead outta this!" Sakura balled up her fists. Ino made a face at Sakura, and I facepalmed at their immature selves. "Oh, it's you guys who's making all that noise." Shikamaru came over with Choji eating a bag of potato chips.

"Shikamaru! Choji!" I jumped on them, forcing them into a group hug. "Ow- Yuri! I knew this was gonna be a drag, but I didn't know it was gonna be this lame." Shikamaru said with an annoyed tone.

"I didn't know I wasn't the only one who called you Yuri..." Sasuke mumbled but I heard him. "So all of the three idiot teams are here?!" Naruto blurted out.

"Hey! You know what you pipsqueak?!- You know what, forget it. You're a waste of time." Shikamaru said while Choji generously offered me chips and I accepted.

"Well look at that. It looks like the whole gang's back together again." Kiba came over with Shino and Hinata. "Oh, h-hi Naruto." Hinata had her eyes on Naruto.

"You guys too? Man, everyone's here for this stupid thing." Shikamaru said and I jumped up to ruffle his hair, making him hunch afterwards. I laughed at him and he just rolled his eyes like the Shikamaru he is.

"Yup. Here we all are. The ten rookies. This is gonna be fun. I mean, at least for those of us good enough to make the cut. Right, Sasuke?" Kiba cockily said. "Kiba, be careful you don't get overconfident." Sasuke retorted.

"Kiba, get your facts straight. I'm not a rookie. I'm one of the best genin in the Leaf Village!" I said proudly. "Yeah, yeah whatever." Kiba rolled his eyes.

"Oh, just you wait. We're gonna blow you guys away. We've been training like crazy." Kiba replied quickly. "What do you think we've been doing? Sitting around and picking daisies? You don't know what training means!" Naruto pointed at him.

"Uh, don't mind Kiba. I'm sure he didn't mean anything of what he said." Hinata started to blush and then looked down at her feet. There was a little bit of silence until Choji suddenly stepped forward. Shino stopped him by stepping in front of him.

"What do you want, Shino? Wait... what's wrong?" Choji squinted at him and realized Shino was looking at the floor. A bug was crawling over to their area. "I thought maybe you didn't see it." Shino explained in a deeper, darker voice.

"I didn't want you stepping on it." Shino said. "Why? You saving it for lunch or something?" Choji commented. Shino barely got time to answer, because this dude with long white hair and glasses came over.

"Hey, you guys. You may wanna try keeping it down. I mean, no offense, but you are the nine rookies, right? Fresh out of the academy? I wouldn't go making a spectacle of yourselves. Just calm down, and act chill. This isn't a class field trip." He said. The guy knew I wasn't a rookie, and he kind of looked familiar...

"Well, who asked you? Who are you?" Ino snapped. "I'm Kabuto Yakushi." He introduced himself. Finally! I realized it just now. Kabuto as in Orochimaru. What is he doing here? I kept on a poker face, I can't let him know I remember him.

-FLASHBACK-

"Sayuri, come on let's go!" Dad yelled at me. He was wrong to bring me on this mission. This is way too dangerous for a six year old. "Get back here little girl!" The white haired man with glasses ran after us.

"Ha! Yes!" said the white haired man and I went out cold.

-time skip-

"Hey, wake up!" Dad hit my arm to wake me up. "What?" I sat up. "Kabuto, the white haired man with round glasses... he put a memory erase Jutsu on you. He looks like this. Do you remember anything from yesterday?" Dad showed me a picture of a guy wearing purple, has his white hair in a ponytail, and he's wearing round black glasses.

-end of the flashback-

A/N: sorry for not updating for around 4-5 days. i have been in hawaii for my week off of summer school. i am enjoying my trip, and not really on wattpad that much but when i get home i will be updating more. i do hope to update a little more because this chapter took like 3 days to finish. anyways thanks for reading this chapter