TWENTY TWO

-Sayuri's POV-

I got a goodnight sleep, and I can't say so much for Sakura. The sun was shining on us when I woke up. Sakura was up before me. "Good morning, Sakura." I greeted her. "Morning." She said sounding exhausted.

"Hey, why don't you get some sleep?-" I said as Sakura passed out. She was really tired. Suddenly five minutes later, she woke up and gasped. "What happened?" I asked.

"Nothing, just a nightmare." She replied. The bushes behind us started moving. "Sakura." I said and she took out a kunai. I did the same and kept my guard up.

I turned around, and it was just a squirrel. "Crap!" Sakura said out loud, and threw the kunai in front of the squirrel before it would set off our trap.

"Some hide out. You're half asleep." A voice said. I turned around and I see three sound ninja standing in front of our shelter, only a few feet away.

"I mean, at least you don't have to keep watch anymore." The ninja in the middle said. "I mean, what's the point after we already found you? Now, wake Sasuke up. We want to fight him." The ninja demanded.

"What do you really want? I know Orochimaru's really the one calling the shots from the shadows!" Sakura revealed.

The sound ninja all seemed surprised. "What's that odd bruise on the back of Sasuke's neck? You're behind this too, aren't you? And now you want to fight him when he can't defend himself?" Sakura accused.

"I can't stay quiet after hearing you talk to us like that. First I'm gonna kill this girl, then I'll kill Sasuke." The sound ninja on the left said.

"Stop, Zaku." The sound ninja said. "What? Why?" I'm guessing Zaku said. "It's so obvious. This is the color of dirt that's been recently dug up, and grass doesn't grow in a place like this." The ninja pointed out.

"You know if you're gonna lay a trap, you'd better make sure it doesn't get discovered." The sound ninja uncovered the trap.

"You're such an amateur! You threw your kunai so the squirrel wouldn't set off your trap!" Zaku insulted.

"Now, we can kill her." He sound ninja said tilting his head to the side. The sound ninja jumped directed at us. "Do it quickly Sakura!" I said, and she cut the string leading to the second trap.

"Crap. Why didn't you look for traps in higher areas? You fool!" The sound ninja yelled at Zaku. "You clearly don't have the mind to be a trap setter, little girl."

The sound ninja broke the giant log and started coming down faster and faster. I threw a kunai at the girl, and she dodged.

Sakura wasn't moving. She was tearing up? At this time? Come on now! "Leaf hurricane!" a familiar voice called out.

Lee arrived by kicking the sound ninja to the floor. Lee landed in front of Sakura, and she gasped. "Lee! What are you doing?" I went up and stood next to him.

He came back with the squirrel that approached us earlier. "Looks like you also, need to make more of an effort." the wind was going through his hair.

I know I said his haircut was gross, but he's starting to look cool in this moment. "Who are you?" The sound ninja asked.

"I am the handsome devil of the Leaf Village! And my name is Rock Lee!" He said 'handsome devil' so naturally for someone wearing a green body suit.

"What're you doing here Lee?" Sakura asked him. "I will show up anywhere, and anytime you are in trouble Sakura!" Lee said.

"This was all really thanks to you, little one." Lee set down the squirrel. "But now, it is time for you to run along." Lee said.

"But right now, on this test I'm your enemy!" Sakura pointed out. "I already told you, I will protect you until I die!" He said with pride.

"Thank you, Rock Lee." Sakura said. Sakura couldn't see him, but he had lots of tears of joy running down his face. "Man, you are such a dweeb Lee!" I teased him.

"Looks like I have no choice. Zaku, I'll let you have Sasuke. I'll take care of these three." The sound ninja showed us an earth scroll.

If we hadn't gotten our scroll taken by someone who's not even a real candidate, we wouldn't need that scroll but since we have no scroll we need that scroll.

"That guy with the bushy eyebrows is pretty good at TaiJutsu. Looks like I get to have some fun." The sound ninja charged at us.

Lee pulled tree roots from the ground, but the sound ninja jumped away just in time. "I am positive, that there is some sort of trick to your attack. I will not waste my time trying to dodge it." Lee said. "Huh?" The sound ninja said.

"After all, I have seen your Jutsu before!" Lee revealed. I started to ball up chakra in my hands, and the Rasengan ball finally appeared. The sound ninja was close, so I took this as an opportunity.

I turned around to see the sound ninja right behind me, and I hit his stomach with my Rasengan ball. He screamed in agony.

"Hey!" The girl sound ninja in a flash grabbed the sound ninja and brought him back to their area.

"Hey why don't you come and fight me? How about that? Or are you too weak?" I said teasing her. "Hey, you shouldn't get too cocky." The girl said getting into a fighting stance.

-time skip-

The girl backed off, but she didn't let her guard down. And that other sound ninja regained his conscious, and he finally got up.

Lee was untying his bandages around his arm, while the sound ninja charged at us. "To protect the life of someone precious!" Lee told himself.

"He disappeared?!" the sound ninja was surprised. Suddenly Lee punched the sound ninja's chin from below.

In the air flee wrapped the sound ninja in his bandages. "Oh no! Dosu, there's no way he can break his fall!" Zaku said making hand signs. "Primary Lotus!" Lee said while going head first into the ground with Dosu I presume.

There was a giant explosion, and Lee escaped but Dosu was on the floor still. "So, Dosu is his name huh?" I said.

"Great, another cocky brat." Zaku mumbled. "Oh yeah? Can a brat do this?" and I did hand signs for the Phoenix Flower Jutsu.

"Fire style: Phoenix Flower Jutsu." I said and I shot out multiple fires, Zaku dodged some of them except for the last one that burned him pretty bad. Dosu was still in the ground, and he weakly got up after a while.